Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Help with FSUIPC Mouse Macro creation

Hi all,

I have purchased an aircraft that has, as far as I've been able to ascertain, almost exactly zero support for hardware.  I have several hardware panels and, from what I can tell, the aircraft does support FSUIPC Mouse Macros.  I've never had to do Mouse Macros for any other aircraft but I thought, okay...I'll do that.  Here's what I did...

• Create a profile for the aircraft and set Profile Specific.
  • Switch to the Buttons tab and select "Create Mouse Macro".
  • Gave it a name, read the instructions.  Clicked OK twice to get back to FSX.

I had logging turned on and when I went to a switch and clicked it with a mouse I got a message from FSUIPC showing that it recognized a MouseEvent 0x2000000 with Module="" (sometimes module had something in it...sometimes it didn't).  In any case, at this point I was expecting a dialog box to pop up asking me to give the macro a name.  Instead, nothing happened.  I know that FSUIPC Mouse Macros are pretty rare and don't work with a lot of controls but, like I said, I've heard it works with this aircraft.  I have the latest payware FSUIPC (and reinstalled it just in case it would help...it didn't help.)

So, have you ever had a problem like this and, if so, what did you do to resolve it?

Thanks much!

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Greg.

When you click on a button in the VC and see it recognised by a green bar with white text (white=on red=off) just type in the name you want to call that particular macro function then press enter.

then do the next button ..... and so on.

Greg.

When you click on a button in the VC and see it recognised by a green bar with white text (white=on red=off) just type in the name you want to call that particular macro function then press enter.

then do the next button ..... and so on.

Hi Mad dog,

That's the thing...I'm not getting any dialog at all.  I just get events in the log like 'Mouse by function: RXedb0*X8bcc (flags=200000000), Module="window.dll"'

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

So, no transparent green window showing the results ?

kj0fx.jpg

be aware that if the panel is built using xml coded gauges then mouse macros will not work.

The macro function works by hooking into the gauge code of gauges written in C/C+ only

So, no transparent green window showing the results ?

be aware that if the panel is built using xml coded gauges then mouse macros will not work.

The macro function works by hooking into the gauge code of gauges written in C/C+ only

No dialog...no change on the screen at all.  They put in their documentation that someone is using these macros and has everything programmed except the starter switch.  Also, I don't see any XML gauges for this airplane in the gauges directory at all.  I loaded up some old airplanes for more test and got "Mouse Event="65648" and other messages.  Still...no sign of a dialog.  So, if their documentation is right then something's broken with my FSUIPC. 

Gregg Seipp

I just found a thread that says they only work in the aircraft when you use the 2D panel.  Ugh. Pity...I was really looking forward to flying this aircraft.

Gregg Seipp

Hi all,

I have purchased an aircraft that has, as far as I've been able to ascertain, almost exactly zero support for hardware.

Said aircraft actually supports the definition of custom keystrokes for switches and knobs... so how you come to the conclusion that it has "exactly zero support for hardware" is beyond me. LOL :smile:

EDIT: This was for the C750, was it not?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I just found a thread that says they only work in the aircraft when you use the 2D panel.

Greg, try this.

Create the macros while in the 2D panel, they will still work in the VC.

The QW 146 was sometimes like this.

so how you come to the conclusion that it has "exactly zero support for hardware" is beyond me. LOL

Ed, the aircraft Greg is trying to set up is not the Eaglesoft CX

I know its hard to come to terms with, but really the world does not revolve around ES.

That was an old screenshot posted by me to show Greg the macro window,

Regretably I had to delete the CX long ago and it was my favorite aircraft by far.

But that subject has been beaten to death, so we move on.

Greg, try this.

Create the macros while in the 2D panel, they will still work in the VC.

The QW 146 was sometimes like this.

Sigh...tried it and still nothing.  Seems that something is just not working well.

Gregg Seipp

There's a youtube video about making mouse macros here:

Not sure if it covers what you already know, but just in case...

Eugene

Not sure if it covers what you already know, but just in case...

Eugene

Thanks Eugene.  Yeah, I reviewed that video before I started.  Seems straightforward. 

Gregg Seipp

Ed, the aircraft Greg is trying to set up is not the Eaglesoft CX

That was all that was necessary. I thought I had remembered him posting somewhere else asking about this in regards to the X... so, it's simply an honest mistake on my part.

The rest of your post to me... completely uncalled for and extremely rude.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Your post to Greg was also completly uncalled for in tone, the late edit does not hide that.

If you dish it out Ed you have to be able to take it, and I have witnessed you dishing it out on many occasions.

...I have witnessed you dishing it out on many occasions.

mad dog,

It's okay.  I'm just wanting to talk about the macros.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp