Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

textures missing on 737 ngx because of panel setup

Tried a re-install 3 times!

Oops, didn't know that, Vernon. Apologies.

Now, technically, VoxATC can not affect much on that plane. The only thing it would change would be the panel.cfg. As for manual editing this file, take these entries:

Window05=VoxATC
Window06=VoxATC Recent Comms

gets added to the [Window Titles] section. Keep an eye on the numbers, you have to pick free ones.

////<VoxATC
[Window05]
visible=1
size_mm=400,200
pixel_size = 400, 200
position=4
background_color=0,0,0
ident=14077
zorder=5
alpha_blend=0.65
gauge00=VAGauge!VoxATCPrompt,0,0
////>VoxATC

////<VoxATC
[Window06]
visible=0
size_mm=400,600
pixel_size = 400, 600
position=5
background_color=255,255,255
ident=14078
zorder=5
gauge00=VAInfo!VoxATCInfo,0,0,400,600
////>VoxATC

then defines the actual windows you've added. Again, mind the numbering and you should be fine.

As for complex addon planes, just scan the panel.cfg for notes and warnings on how to edit it. If a (debug) window exists and has a note on always having to be the last window, you e.g. have to edit the file in a way to keep that order intact.

As said, default planes won't struggle with any VoxATC edits, but some complex ones might do.

As for complex addon planes, just scan the panel.cfg for notes and warnings on how to edit it. If a (debug) window exists and has a note on always having to be the last window, you e.g. have to edit the file in a way to keep that order intact.

As said, default planes won't struggle with any VoxATC edits, but some complex ones might do.

So is this a random thing? Because I am using VOXATC on exactly the same plane as the OP (along with several other PPDG products) and am not experiencing this problem. This being after installing VOXATC in the normal self install fashion, without any "manual" procedures at all.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

It seems this is an isolated problem with only me. I don't think editing the panel will do anything as its affecting my textures somehow.

Tegwyn even said some users with payware will experience different kinds of problems thats why he gives out a DEMO!

Well back to radar contact :)

Vernon Howells

So is this a random thing?

Not to my understanding. I haven't tried the NGX personally but I do recall the auto panel cfg e.g. failing on the MD-11, so that's where my "watch out for complex planes and their config" tenor comes from.

It seems this is an isolated problem with only me. I don't think editing the panel will do anything as its affecting my textures somehow.

Tegwyn even said some users with payware will experience different kinds of problems thats why he gives out a DEMO!

Well back to radar contact :)

Still baffles me as to how a whole bunch of people can install the same program (VOXATC in this case) on the same base simulator (FSX) and use it in conjunction with the same aircraft (PMDG NGX in this case) and what "could" amount to only one person has this problem.

I have all kinds of respect for Tegwyn's knowledge, but I don't buy this one. There has to be an explanation for this, it's a pity this could not have been resolved so that simmers like yourself do not miss the opportunity to enjoy this program. I for one would like to know the answer to this one.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I use Vox for both FSX and P3D. When you switch from one sim to the other, Vox uninstalls from all of the panels from the sim you're leaving and then you choose which panels to install in the new sim. I have never had a problem with texture in the NGX or any other addon aircraft. It will from time to time mess up my FS2Crew installation so I will manually have to repair it.

NAX669.png

what does it look like if you close the doors? from your screenshots it doesn't look like missing textures, it's something odd about the interior model not rendering. really strange!

to investigate the issue i'd compare the vanilla ngx panel file with the one after vox alters it and see if anything funky happened or if it added the panel like it's supposed to.. sorry i can't suggest more as i've never seen the problem you show in the pics! good luck

cheers

-andy crosby

Hi guys, i did ask for support but he was baffled lol i have missed out. I'm not very computer techy and not sure where to begin.

Tegwyn wrote

With all the

combinations of add-ons and systems that FSX runs with and on it's

almost impossible to get VoxATC to work for everyone which is why we

have the 7 day free trial period. I'm sorry it didn't work as you wanted

on your system.

what does it look like if you close the doors? from your screenshots it doesn't look like missing textures, it's something odd about the interior model not rendering. really strange!

to investigate the issue i'd compare the vanilla ngx panel file with the one after vox alters it and see if anything funky happened or if it added the panel like it's supposed to.. sorry i can't suggest more as i've never seen the problem you show in the pics! good luck

cheers

-andy crosby

If you open the door the door becomes hollow, also when its shut it fine BUT you can still see the hollow plane through the passenger windows.

Vernon Howells

Are you using VOXatc and PMDG 737NG in P3Dv2.4, FSX or both?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Have you loaded each FSX PMDG model to see if all had the same problem?

Best Regards,

Post here your Panel.cfg for PMDG (copy and paste a text version / not screenshot).

I will have a look.

Best Regards,

I'm away till monday i'll dropbox the folder but i'll need to install voxatc again!

Vernon Howells