Sign in to follow this  
Binford

Help wanted : Scenery Glitches

Hello All,

i need your help please. On many Airports i have static objects (trees, ..) and animated traffic (airport vehicles, ...) on Taxiways and/or Runways.

EDDL :

iu5lzpzfbhc.jpg

EDDT

yjrjd3xnpp.jpg

Anybody out there with an idea whats going wrong here?

Thanks and Greetings

Michael

fslabs_banner.png

You can't really do anything against the vehicles using taxiways, except for disabling airport vehicles via the traffic settings. They're just coded to use taxiways instead of the actual roads.

I'm not sure about the trees etc., it might be that some other AFCAD (perhaps from an AI addon or another scenery) interferes, but this is really just a wild guess.

Best regards,

Yes, surely it must be another AFCAD for the same airport that is causing trees.

Hello All,

i need your help please. On many Airports i have static objects (trees, ..) and animated traffic (airport vehicles, ...) on Taxiways and/or Runways.

Hi Michael,

You should find (annoyingly) that this problem only occurs with Aerosoft's German Airports sceneries.   I get the issue with Cologne/Bonn and with Leipzig/Halle.

I once (perhaps over a year ago) posted about it on the Aerosoft forums and got no reply.

I get trees and shrubs on the taxiways, and some fences running through the centre of runways! .... only ever with Aerosoft German airports though.

People say "It's the AFCAD" but what is the solution to that?

We are just buying and installing a commercial product here, why do we need to change AFCADs, when this isn't required for any other scenery product, and what do we 'change to'?

I'd love to know, as cannot use these airports at the moment.

You can install a fully functioning airport into FSX, but that doesn't mean that an airport that was there previously won't still show up 'through' the Aerosoft airport. I have had this occur in the Caribbean, where I have mixed various Fly Tampa and Striking Software sceneries, and also in UK2000 airports, which overlay Orbx England's own built in airports.

The trick is to locate the underlying file and turn it OFF. It could possibly be in Scenery/Global/Scenery, it could be in AddOn Scenery, if you have installed it (or even Add On Scenery/Scenery) but some companies have their own folders, like Orbx and UK2000, so the file will be in there.....

Good point Paul. But in my case, I definitely have no other (past) sceneries for Cologne/Bonn and Leipzig/Halle.    But perhaps the OP has.

The problem seems quite widely reported for these Aerosoft German Airports, so I think it's an issue other than two conflicting versions of the same airport.

Here's one such threat from 2012 :-

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/54830-trees-on-the-taxiway-and-runway-in-berlin-eddt/

Hm, strange is that i had Aerosoft EDDT installed before and there was no problem like this ... Just after the reinstall of FSX and EDDT the Trees are there ...

fslabs_banner.png