Still no Prepar3d profile...

http://de.download.nvidia.com/Windows/344.60/344.60-win8-win7-winvista-desktop-release-notes.pdf

I have really lost the faith that we will ever get a dedicated profile from nVidia. They are making profiles for all types of stupid games but seem to have no interest in Prepar3d at all...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

New driver working fine with P3D2.4

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

Anyone finding a benefit over the last driver would appreciate the info as I am using that laptop hack driver still as it is the best so far for me - thanks

Rich Sennett

Works fine for me also on 2.4. I can't say there was a performance boost but no degradation either.

Works fine for me also on 2.4. I can't say there was a performance boost but no degradation either.

Thanks

Rich Sennett

Still no Prepar3d profile...

Forgive my ignorance but why is a profile from nvidia required? Is it different from creating your own with NVInspector?

Thanks

Darren Morris

This driver was not listed for my 550-Ti. Still listing the 344.48 as current.

Are all cards supposed to get this v344.60?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Works okay, no issues in FSX or P3D

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

nVidia will often include specific flags and settings for a particular product that the drivers will read/use when it comes to implementation of the rendering the image.  These values are not usually visible via nVidia Control panel, but can be seen when using nVidia Inspector (which is NOT an nVidia application).

These flags can be used to govern how AA is performed, SLI implementations, etc. etc. etc.  Most of the time they are used to cleanup application specific issues and especially SLI related issues.

When using nVidia Inspector it will work with either the existing profile (that nVidia provide) or you can create a new profile ... be warned having multiple profiles triggered by the same Prepar3d.exe can cause issues.

nVidia do apparently respond when they break an application ... as in the case when they broke tessellation for P3D, they did eventually fix it (took a few months).  But yes, P3D is low on nVidia's priority list, Goat Simulator is however high on their priority list ... a sad reality of the state of this industry.

I think nVidia has done "a little" on the P3D profile ... specifically around FXAA and MSAA which seem to have improved a little as has time between frame consistency.  As for SLI, I'm not seeing anything new - sad because I have 3 Titan Blacks and only one is actually doing anything.  In my setup SLI has moved a step backwards in support/compatibility with these more recent nVidia drivers ... hence why I have SLI disabled for P3D.  

Unfortunately I can't visualize efficient multi-GPU support in P3D until we go to DX12 where the application developers will have more control of multi-GPU processing.  It takes "some" (not all) of the dependency away from nVidia which is a good thing since nVidia do seem rather busy with other applications and priorities.  But don't expect P3D DX12 any time soon.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob, quick question for you.

When you say 2 profiles as an issue, does this also mean as an example NI as wells and the Nivida control panel and it's 3d settings? I am wondering what effect if any if one chooses to use the default or base settings on one but a specific profile on another? Just curious as I often wondered how this would affect the application and which one may or may not take precedence. I would love to only use one but curious if the Nvidia default or base may affect this also.

Regards

Bob

Hi Rob, if you have disabled SLI with 3 cards, are you some how using them in some way to utilize even 1 extra card or is this not possible in any way, shape or form?

I have 2 x GTX670 in SLI but if P3D isnt using it even with the AFR friendly .exe hack exe, then i might as well go back to disabling SLI and reducing my settings?

What do you think mate?

Thanks for your help

Doug

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

If we go into the NCP and choose a profile, then choose Restore -> Apply, then run up NI we see the profile is gone. If we close NI, make any single change in the NCP, let's say set 4xSSAA, and Apply, then when we go back into NI there is a new profile. We can make changes to that safely.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com