Still no Prepar3d profile...

http://de.download.nvidia.com/Windows/344.60/344.60-win8-win7-winvista-desktop-release-notes.pdf

I have really lost the faith that we will ever get a dedicated profile from nVidia. They are making profiles for all types of stupid games but seem to have no interest in Prepar3d at all...

This driver is specifically the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare launch driver - that game is going to sell gazillions of copies. Clearly a bigger priority for them.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks for the explanation Rob, much appreciated.

Since the release of 344.48 drivers and NvidiaInspector settings set as below I'm very happy with P3D, the dreadful shimmering has pretty much been completely eliminated:

AA Mode: Enhance

AA Setting: 8x CSAA

AA Transparency Multisampling: Enabled

AA Transparency Supersampling: 4x Sparse Grid

Darren Morris

Curbz,

How are you getting nVidia inspector to work? I have followed a few of the setups suggested on AVSIM, including Rob's, but I can't get it to force/enhance AA for love nor money. I have a 660Ti.

P3Dv2 DX11 is very similar to FSX DX10 we set P3Dv2 Display settings to Anisotropic, and set Multi Sampling AA on, and we enhance this with NI. With DX11 only the Antialiasing - Transparency AA settings make a difference. Enhance AA with Supersampling, medium quality = 4x, best = 8x, or we can set Sparse Grid Supersampling when certain aircraft look poorly anti-aliased, or some instruments fine detail looks crumpled beyond a certain zoom out. We can also enhance Anisotropic Filtering and Texture filtering for sharper distant views. P3D handles the vsync in desktop mode; use in-sim display settings, vsync=on, and triple buffer=on, for smoothest view. Note with the P3D menus showing the sim will stutter, do all testing with the menu off (hold down ALT).

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I am wondering what effect if any if one chooses to use the default or base settings on one but a specific profile on another?

To add to what Steve has indicated ... the nVidia profiles will contain all the Prepar3D specific flags.  These flags have changed.  

To clarify the duplicate profile conflicts ... this should not normally happen (NI will prevent adding of duplicate profiles pointing to the same .EXE), but I have seen instances where multiple profiles could be created for a single bound .EXE (i.e. Prepar3d.exe) ... in such cases there might be conflicts.  I'm not sure how one gets into this "state" but if I were to hazard a guess is something to do with end user permissions (UAC, etc.) and/or NI version not working correctly with a new driver release.

In NI you can delete the nVidia base profile and create your own.  BUT, in doing so you will wipe out all those flags set by nVidia.  I don't know if those flags are set specific to the GPUs found during install of the driver or not.  

What I would recommend is that you ONLY update the nVidia provided base profile and do NOT delete this profile and create a new one (which is in contrast to what I would have said back when P3D v2.0 was just released with not much nVidia support at all). 

Cheers, Rob.

P3Dv2 DX11 is very similar to FSX DX10 we set P3Dv2 Display settings to Anisotropic, and set Multi Sampling AA on, and we enhance this with NI. With DX11 only the Antialiasing - Transparency AA settings make a difference. Enhance AA with Supersampling, medium quality = 4x, best = 8x, or we can set Sparse Grid Supersampling when certain aircraft look poorly anti-aliased, or some instruments fine detail looks crumpled beyond a certain zoom out. We can also enhance Anisotropic Filtering and Texture filtering for sharper distant views. P3D handles the vsync in desktop mode; use in-sim display settings, vsync=on, and triple buffer=on, for smoothest view. Note with the P3D menus showing the sim will stutter, do all testing with the menu off (hold down ALT).

Hmmmm So if SGSSAA is too hard on my system (GTX680), I could go with Supersampling instead? SGSSAA and clouds bring my system down to it's knees.

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

Some aircraft models do need SGSSAA to look good, but others only need SSAA, as an enhancement over the in-sim MSAA.

How are you getting nVidia inspector to work? I have followed a few of the setups suggested on AVSIM, including Rob's, but I can't get it to force/enhance AA for love nor money. I have a 660Ti.

Nothing special.... as long as I have MSAA set in P3D settings set to 4 samples to match AA Transparency Supersampling: 4x Sparse Grid set in nvidiaInspector it works. If I change MSAA to 2 or 8 the shimmering returns. Hope you get it to work - makes such a huge difference. For the record, I have a GTX670.

Darren Morris

Some aircraft models do need SGSSAA to look good, but others only need SSAA, as an enhancement over the in-sim MSAA.

Ok, Steve, are the settings below setup properly?

NCP GLOBAL SETTINGS:

AF - 16x

FXAA - OFF

Gamma Correction - On

AA Mode - Override any application setting

AA Setting - 2x

AA Transparency - 2x (supersample)

Negative LOD Bias - Clamp

Texture Filtering Quality - High Quality

NCP P3D.EXE SETTINGS:

AA Transparency - 2x (supersample)

Everything else is set to USE GLOBAL SETTING

NI SETTINGS:

AA Transparency Multisampling - DISABLED

AA Transparency Supersampling - 2x Supersampling

Everything else is at default settings

P3D IN-GAME SETTINGS:

VSync - ON

Triple Buffering - ON

FPS Slider - Unlimited

FXAA - Off

MSAA - 2x

My EVGA Precision X FPS limiter is set to 33 FPS.

Is the above set properly? I just want to make sure they are set correctly...

Thanks in advance...

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

yes looks good

Thanks, brother...

Good luck with those settings Efrain :) hope it works for yah

Rich Sennett