Sign in to follow this  
AJLedbetter123

Ultimate Traffic 2 P3D - Installation

Afternoon,

I've ran through the setting up of Ultimate Traffic 2 in P3D post by - Rob Ainscough - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/449212-ultimate-traffic-2-in-p3d-v23/

I seem to ran into a problem which I don't know how to resolve, I don't have any AI traffic at all; I'm posting some screens below so you're able to see my current setup.. Do I have something pointing to the wrong location?

What have I done wrong? I think I've followed it right, does anyone see the problem I've made?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Copy Prepar3d.exe and rename to FSX.exe 

Screen_Shot_2014_11_04_at_15_39_18.png

2.  Add registry key for FSX location that points to P3D - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0 – value = V:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v2

Screen_Shot_2014_11_04_at_15_41_15.png

3.  Edit the Prepar3D.cfg and add under:

[Main]

SimObjectPaths.9=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft

Screen_Shot_2014_11_04_at_15_43_11.png

4.  Edit the EXE.XML and add:

<!-- Unlimited Traffic 2 -->

<Launch.Addon>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Name>UT2</Name>

<Path>V:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>

<NewConsole>True</NewConsole>

</Launch.Addon>

Screen_Shot_2014_11_04_at_15_44_27.png

5.  Create a fake FSX config directory under:

C:\Users\(my profile)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Copy over all the contents from the corresponding Prepar3d2 directory and copy the prepar3d.cfg to fsx.cfg

Screen_Shot_2014_11_04_at_15_46_24.png

Afternoon,

I've ran through the setting up of Ultimate Traffic 2 in P3D post by - Rob Ainscough - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/449212-ultimate-traffic-2-in-p3d-v23/

Why are you having to work so hard the latest estonia tool installs this with no tweaks at all other than (shown below) - time is worth way more than this tool costs 

[Main]

Rich Sennett

I did it the easy way. I purchased a copy of the Estonia Migration Tool, and installed UT2 as normal. Then I added the SimObjectPaths statement to the P3D.cfg file. UT2 is working just fine.

EDIT: Richard beat me to it :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Why are you having to work so hard the latest estonia tool installs this with no tweaks at all other than (shown below) - time is worth way more than this tool costs 

[Main]

Ok, I've purchased it.. Haha!

Is it a simple process? Quick instructions on what I need to do; Enable Virtual FSX and then install the UT2 installer?

Ok, I've purchased it.. Haha!

Is it a simple process? Quick instructions on what I need to do; Enable Virtual FSX and then install the UT2 installer?

Exactly brother and just add the simobjects line - should be  good to go - they have made changes to the estonia tool as it was not this easy as the last version of the tool

I did it the easy way. I purchased a copy of the Estonia Migration Tool, and installed UT2 as normal. Then I added the SimObjectPaths statement to the P3D.cfg file. UT2 is working just fine.

EDIT: Richard beat me to it 

Sorry Chris  :smile: - hope all is well

Rich Sennett

Exactly brother and just add the simobjects line - should be  good to go - they have made changes to the estonia tool as it was not this easy as the last version of the tool

You Sir, are a genius! Worked like a charm! 

You Sir, are a genius! Worked like a charm! 

Awesome news congrats :)

Rich Sennett

Awesome news congrats :)

Ok, installation perfect added that line to my Prepar3d.cfg but I still don't see traffic?

Any thoughts?

Everything is fine here. The only problem I have at the moment is that I keep finding new airline schedules to integrate into UT2! I added six over the weekend, and I am in the process of adding another thirteen at the moment! There are a handful of others that I am also waiting for (including Enter Air and CSA Czech Airlines), and I have just noticed a couple of others that I need to check out to see if they include any flights to the UK. Hopefully, I will get these all done by the weekend so that I can start flying again!! :blink:

Ok, installation perfect added that line to my Prepar3d.cfg but I still don't see traffic?

Do you hear the audio message "Ultimate Traffic 2 initialised" when you load P3D?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Everything is fine here. The only problem I have at the moment is that I keep finding new airline schedules to integrate into UT2! I added six over the weekend, and I am in the process of adding another thirteen at the moment! There are a handful of others that I am also waiting for (including Enter Air and CSA Czech Airlines), and I have just noticed a couple of others that I need to check out to see if they include any flights to the UK. Hopefully, I will get these all done by the weekend so that I can start flying again!! :blink:

Do you hear the audio message "Ultimate Traffic 2 initialised" when you load P3D?

Nope I didn't hear that sound, have I forgotten to enable or add or do something?

Nope I didn't hear that sound, have I forgotten to enable or add or do something?

You have to set up a schedule in ut2 menu - do you load all the planes in the ut2 menu ? this takes a long time - is ut2 menu showing up in P3D addons pull down ? 

Rich Sennett

UT2 should be automatically initialised after it has been installed. I don't remember having to do anything to get that audio message to play. Can you please load Ultimate Traffic 2 itself (double click on the icon), and then select Traffic Options from the menu. Let me know what the settings are for Weekly and Daily traffic density, and whether they are enabled or not.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

You have to set up a schedule in ut2 menu - Is this menu in P3D? As I haven't done that at all..

Do you load all the planes in the ut2 menu ? this takes a long time - How is this done? :/ - I'm new to UT2

Is ut2 menu showing up in P3D addons pull down ? I don't see anything relating UT2 in P3D Menus

You have to set up a schedule in ut2 menu - Is this menu in P3D? As I haven't done that at all..

Well being at work I cant pass on screenshots to show you - but I may have in other post - I can try to help you in a few hours but search thru the forums should be answers

Rich Sennett

Well being at work I cant pass on screenshots to show you - but I may have in other post - I can try to help you in a few hours but search thru the forums should be answers

Sorted! OMG! It works! 

I didn't actually setup fully the UT option, it's all working now! Thanks for the amazing support!