Sign in to follow this  
bjohnsonmn

Starting over is painful.

Jim,

Really what I am hoping to do is create a methodology to bring these sources together (or reference at a minimum).  Think of it as a dynamic method of pulling together what works, and what doesn't work.  Further, a document that one could go back to when the time to rebuild comes, and they need to go back to 0, and track back how they got to the best worst state of FS{#}.

For example, if there was a setting that worked well with your hardware config, publish it under the heading of (X+Y hardware) + (Z+A Tweaks) = Result.  With many different X,Y, Z, and A combinations...

Part of the issue is that there are so many sources, and methods, it is hard to remember what was used last time.

Thanks,

Brad

Brad Johnson, ASEL, Instrument Rated.

FSX, FSX:SE, P3D v3.1

PMDG, A2A, Flight1, Wilco

ORBX, Active Sky Next, REX

Where?

The Internet

How?

Using your favorite search engine.

Why?

Every computer is different.

Every OS is different.

Every flight sim is different.

Every flight simmer is different.

Every flight sim software combination is different.

Every time something new comes out whether it be hardware or software, this proposed guide would need to be totally revised.

Jim,

Feedback noted.  No need to continue to rain on my parade.

Regards,

Brad

Brad Johnson, ASEL, Instrument Rated.

FSX, FSX:SE, P3D v3.1

PMDG, A2A, Flight1, Wilco

ORBX, Active Sky Next, REX

You're not listening Brad. So I'll say again, it's all been done before. There is nothing new to be gained by starting a new "tweak guide". Always remember, magic is unreliable.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guys, give him a break, for goodness sake!

So what if all has been done before. This is a hobby of ours, supposedly & should be fun.

As it has been said, we all have so many different combinations of hardware & software, & we are all looking for the holy grail of simming perfection.

If Brad wants to do it, good luck to him, at least it is actively doing something constructive, unlike a lot of those out there that are spending far too much time shooting him down.

Methinks there are far to many oracles out there...

Best of luck!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Hangar Chat". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

My fsx got messy but I am waiting still steam version comes out as fs2004 and xpx does just fine. No need to reinvent the wheel with fsx most long terms know how get fsx working the way they want it.

Brad,

If this is what you really want to do then go for it.  I don't think you'll see much return on your investment though other than personal satisfaction.  What your proposing will require ALOT of work just to create (work that we're trying to tell you has already been done) the other aspect which you may or may not have considered is the amount of effort required to maintain a project like this to keep it current? 

Good Luck and Best Wishes if you elect to pursue.

RE Thomason Jr.

I can understand your frustration and I can see what you're trying to achieve, but even assuming you could get some people to jump aboard and go through the process you'll end up with little more than a tweaking guide for your own hardware.

Therein lies the problem:  There are so many different hardware configurations 'out there' that a single tweaking guide guaranteed to solve every problem is simply not possible.  The fact that there are several such guides available now is a testament to that fact.  

After months of frustration myself, I gave up on the vicious cycle of tweaking and simply cut back on the autogen, AI aircraft and street traffic.  I'm not saying that's what you should do, but it seems to me that those things have a bigger impact on overall performance than trying to find the one obscure combination of tweaks that may or may not exist for my machine.

Why not work it from the other direction?  Share your system specs (if you haven't already) and explain what weird behaviors you're experiencing. Based on what I've seen on this forum, I have no doubt you'll have people willing to help you out.

Richard P. Kelly

I have among my collection, two completely identical computers. Both have FSX+A and P3Dv2.4 installed on them.

Both systems require slightly different 'tweaks' to get them as close as possible and still they don't have identical performance.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I never understand why people continue to reinstall their FSX on the same system, I never have that issue, I just restore a backup.

Btw, you can't have one single configuration that works for everybody, it's completely impossible, because everybody's hardware is different and every pilot has different preferences.