Sign in to follow this  
Zoho30

FS pilot GLOBAL 2010 ,causes OOM !

Hello guys.

It is little strange, but does the FS GLOBAL mesh (Which is nearly 40GB) can cause OOM CTD, I am asking because I am never ever able to complete any flight in any condition,

FSGRW+EFB+PROATCX+PFPX on the client.

PMDG777+FTX GLOBAL1.30+FTX VECTOR 1.15+REX4+FSpilot Global 2010.

Note: At least 95% of the OOMs occurs at end of the flight (when starting the decent).

Thx

I've had a few OOM's but they are very random when they happen. Sometimes right at the start of the flight or on descent. I've uninstalled FS Global 2010 just today and will get back whether it stops!

Probably nothing to do with FSGlobal, 40Gb is the amount of HD space, it has no bearing on the amount of VAS used.  The PMDG 777 is hard on VAS it takes around 700-800Mb FTX Global and Vector probably impact on VAS usage more than FSGlobal.  VAS usage will go up the longer you are flying particularly if you are flying over addon airports, or complex scenery. 

You can turn down the LOD range, mine is at 3.5 presently, check if REX is using the high def textures (4096) knock these down to the low def textures (the visual difference is pretty minimal) and possible convert to DX10.  I say that DX10 because it is the combined wisdom of people on this forum, personally i haven't noticed much difference between DX9 and DX10 either visually or on VAS usage.

For me, reducing LOD had the biggest impact on VAS

Ian R Tyldesley

scenery mesh like fsglobal has jack to do with OOMS... your issue is the 777 and vector

14ppkc-6.png

Probably nothing to do with FSGlobal, 40Gb is the amount of HD space, it has no bearing on the amount of VAS used. The PMDG 777 is hard on VAS it takes around 700-800Mb FTX Global and Vector probably impact on VAS usage more than FSGlobal. VAS usage will go up the longer you are flying particularly if you are flying over addon airports, or complex scenery.

You can turn down the LOD range, mine is at 3.5 presently, check if REX is using the high def textures (4096) knock these down to the low def textures (the visual difference is pretty minimal) and possible convert to DX10. I say that DX10 because it is the combined wisdom of people on this forum, personally i haven't noticed much difference between DX9 and DX10 either visually or on VAS usage.

For me, reducing LOD had the biggest impact on VAS

You are the nearest person I am deal with, but before that I need to know

1-Did you have PMDG T7 and with your tweaked LOD (3.5) did the OOM disappear ?

2-You should say that the DX10 (sure with steveFIXER) is more freindly on the system than the DX9 !!!!. I have noticed that.

3-Also does the LOD of 3.5 make any changes in the visuals and you've notified that changes ?

????????????

You are the nearest person I am deal with, but before that I need to know

1-Did you have PMDG T7 and with your tweaked LOD (3.5) did the OOM disappear ?

2-You should say that the DX10 (sure with steveFIXER) is more freindly on the system than the DX9 !!!!. I have noticed that.

3-Also does the LOD of 3.5 make any changes in the visuals and you've notified that changes ?

????????????

OK i don't fully understand you reply, but i'll try to answer.

1- Yes...but with a caveat, it's very much balanced on a knife edge, i struggle to fly from EGLL V3 (UK2000) to Dubai in the PMDG 777 even with a LOD of 3.5.  I do also run My Traffic and ASN, both are known VAS hogs.  I would probably manage it with traffic turned off.  Really it's all about reducing your addon scenery, traffic, weather etc...  Until you find a happy medium

2- Running now from EGPH to EGLC, i must say DX10 is actually quite pretty, not sure that it's any better on VAS than DX9 was / is.

3- Yes you will see more scenery pop up. 

Ian R Tyldesley

One of the things that caused ooms for me was megascenery earth

Nope, I dont use any megasceneries earth addons.

OK i don't fully understand you reply, but i'll try to answer.

1- Yes...but with a caveat, it's very much balanced on a knife edge, i struggle to fly from EGLL V3 (UK2000) to Dubai in the PMDG 777 even with a LOD of 3.5. I do also run My Traffic and ASN, both are known VAS hogs. I would probably manage it with traffic turned off. Really it's all about reducing your addon scenery, traffic, weather etc... Until you find a happy medium

2- Running now from EGPH to EGLC, i must say DX10 is actually quite pretty, not sure that it's any better on VAS than DX9 was / is.

3- Yes you will see more scenery pop up.

So.......

After the match (Liverpool vs Real madrid) I will applicate three things seems to be important to avoid OOMs.

1-Installing the Microsoft FIX to helping in prevent the OOMs in both FSX/P3D.

2-Using 3.5 LOD.

3-When flying, I'll completely avoid using the EXTERNAL views and stay in the cockpit all the time.

I'll see what I get..be in contact guys.

Thanks a lot.

1-Installing the Microsoft FIX to helping in prevent the OOMs in both FSX/P3D.

What's this?  Are you talking about HIGHMEMFIX=1?

2-Using 3.5 LOD.

Whoa there; that setting works for me, not sure what will work for you, generally start at high, then go to medium (i.e. 3.5) then low.  Some people push it beyond high using fsx.cfg, not a good idea if you are already having OOMs.

When using the PMDG 777, you might have to turn off the ORBX stuff.  What is the resolution of the REX textures you are using?

Ian R Tyldesley

beat to it, turn down the rex textures.  I get OOMS with 777 and some orbx areas

14ppkc-6.png

beat to it, turn down the rex textures. I get OOMS with 777 and some orbx areas

I'll check that after see the previous three step.

Just try them then make the REX textures taking down the last choice.

You dont loss anything. Just give it try.

Two things DX10 will benefit you for VAS problems......

1. Rendering is shifted to the video card and frees up having to mirror video card memory in use inside the VAS space.  So you gain headroom there.

2. Apparently DX9 mode in FSX is really bad about increasing VAS as the flight goes on and not freeing it up.  Also, apparently running in DX10 FSX will free it up and even have large drops in usage as it cleans up sometimes.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

Two things DX10 will benefit you for VAS problems......

1. Rendering is shifted to the video card and frees up having to mirror video card memory in use inside the VAS space. So you gain headroom there.

2. Apparently DX9 mode in FSX is really bad about increasing VAS as the flight goes on and not freeing it up. Also, apparently running in DX10 FSX will free it up and even have large drops in usage as it cleans up sometimes.

Surely DX10 is better.

Surely DX10 is better.

I like it and have used it for over a year.  It's not for everyone though.  There is some work involved and some people aren't happy with various parts of how it works.  For me, the extra insurance against OOM's is worth it since I haven't noticed any issues visually or otherwise vs. DX9.  However I also don't have some of the addons that usually have problems in DX10.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro