Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

An X-Aviation thank you...

Its things like this that pull me back to XPX to test things out occasionally.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Me too, and this turn around it is so good!!!

I've been flying out of a few Italian airports fustigated by the intense adverse weather created by the "Medcane" over that territory, and a BIG WHOW!!! to the effects produced by this superb add-on!

As a matter of fact, finally I have the big clouds rendered as I ever wanted to have them, and those cloud shadows simply immersive, not to talk about the systems drift with the winds!

This is trully remarkable!!!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Night flight tonight, big new moon.

Looked great in and out of the cloud layers and behind the clouds breaking through.

Trevor Golding

And we now have correct daylight matching with day-of-year!!! Moon phases are also in sync with reality!!!  Clouds move with the various wind layers when using SkyMaxx Pro, and this add-on makes the fps jump to the 50+ in my rig!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Yeah, things are gradually falling into place but would still kill for a decent weather engine. Not that that has anything to do with John's marvellous fluffy balls of course...

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Yeah, things are gradually falling into place but would still kill for a decent weather engine. Not that that has anything to do with John's marvellous fluffy balls of course...

I already have one :rolleyes:

Main Simulation Rig:

You mean the one that can only be used with the really expensive 744 simulator :( ?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

You mean the one that can only be used with the really expensive 744 simulator :( ?

Yep, exactly that one....

unfortunately the weather in terms of X-Plne is limited to the visual component, because all of the effects ( wind, shear, turbulence...) happen only in PSX. If only the author of XView could build a weather injector only :-(  

I will ask for it at the Aerowinx forums :-)

But locally, and for VFR flying, X-Plane's weather is already very good, specially enhanced by SkyMaxx Pro !!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Yes, ask, plead, beg, cajole, threaten, whatever you can, but get his weather for XP!

Good luck, something like this is badly needed for X-Plane :smile:

Although honestly I think that I would rather prefer to see HiFiTech, or other developer dedicated to weather injection involved on such a project, although apparently it would only have to be a version of PSX with everything pertaining to the flight simulator component stripped off (?)

Hardy is totally dedicated to his passion for the 744, driving us 744 lovers across the wonders of his new sim, and I fear he will not have the time to dedicate to such a project.

I also think that only a few more hooks will be need to become available in order for good weather injector to be designed and implemented... Somehow the increase in focus wih the solution for the distance blurr will also probably allow for weather variables to be set further appart from n aircraft present position...

Indeed, XP is progressing, slowly, but in the good way...

Main Simulation Rig:

Good luck, something like this is badly needed for X-Plane

Absolutely. The lack of a really fully featured weather injector is the single biggest shortcoming of XP right now.