Sign in to follow this  
machie

My Screen is a lot darker than FSX

Hi All,

I am a newbie Converting from FSX to Prepar after over 25 years in the Sim and a lifetime of flying in real life (now retired and slowly building a new "cool" sim in my office for a little IFR Mentoring program I have developed for new IFR students). I am learning the Prepar 2.4 System piece by piece/issue by issue. I apologize for this newbie question in advance. I have installed the entire Mega Scenery 2.0 onto a separate 4TB Hybrid drive and it works fine--better than fine actually--the best I have ever seen in 25+ years of simming---but--and this is the issue--My Scenery although extremely clear and liquid silky in terms of frames--is very dark compared to my old FSX---Is there any fix or tweak for this. I thank anyone who can add information or help on this matter.

Cheers and thanks

Dorn

For me HDR lighting turned on makes it darker but I personalky like it as it makes it more vivid, but it might not be your case, just though I throw it out there, try disabling it if you have it on.

I found that too and have adjusted my monitor settings to suit my needs. 

Bob

Try to turn off HDR. On my plasma TV, HDR is just too dark. With HDR turned-off the color, contrast, and brightness of P3D is nearly perfect.

I guess everyone's monitor might be vastly different in terms of brightness and contrast. I feel that HDR works if your screen is really bright or you're flying in a well light-controlled environment.

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

A bit OT, but check out Pilot Edge if you're working with IFR students....  great service!

http://www.pilotedge.net/

As far as your question... yep sounds like HDR is on.  There are also tweaks to brighten or darken the HDR and change the way bloom happens...  look in the tips n tricks subforum:

http://forum.avsim.net/forum/657-p3d-tips-and-tricks/

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks to Everyone for the quick helpful responses---I will work on this when I get home and see if I can get irt all sorted out.

To ryanbatcund concerning Pilot Edge--you are so correct! Once you get your private license then the next thing to do is to learn to use the radio ant ATC like a professional. This is an almost impossible task for the average General aviation pilot--and since you can not be a professional pilot without an IFR ticket (plus others) there is a big roadblock faceing you during your IFR training.I am a recent convert to Pilot Edge---I have not flown much since retirement--certainly not any actual IFR--so after my first Pilot Edge flight I felt like I was flying in real life--when I shut down the aircraft after landing I was covered in sweat and could almost smell the JetA --I sat there for a few moments and then took a relaxing shower and put on clean soft clothes just like I did after long Actual IFR flights.

Cheers

Dorn

Dom -

As Ryan posted - check here:

http://forum.avsim.net/forum/657-p3d-tips-and-tricks/

HDR is great in P3D BUT it is a little dark. I leave it on but have adjusted the lighting to make it a tad brighter. Now I get the beauty of the effect w/o the darkness.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors