Sign in to follow this  
enji

ORBX scenery library order

Hi there,

Hoping someone can help me with the scenery library order within FSX for ORBX products.

Currently I have FTX Global, FTX Vector, openLC Europe and FTX Scotland.

Within FTX Central, i've had to apply FTX Global with Europe not selected because when I do select Europe, I come across texture problems both within the FTX Scotland region and outside it. With FTX Global selected, there are no problems.

I've done a few 'fixes' suggested though this has not fixed the issue. I'm fairly sure it is to do with the scenery order I have in FSX.

My current order is, from the top:

FTXAA_ORBXLIBS

FTX Scotland

-

-

-

Addon Scenery

OpenLC Europe

-

-

-

Standard FSX entries (Edwards_AFB - Africa)

ORBX!Vector_OBJ

ORBX!Vector_APT

ORBX!Vector_CVX

ORBX!Vector_EXX

FS Global

-

-

Base entries (1107 Base - 0000 Base)

ORBXVector_AEC

Default Scenery

Default Terrain

If anyone with these same products could provide any input that would be much appreciated

Thank you

I dont have the exact same products but have had similar experience. I have vector global and oceania installed

I found that even if I had oceania ticked that weird textures would bleed through in australia where golf courses should be.

I found that I really cant fly between regions  and if I am flying in an orbx region like OZ or  I just untick all the global and vector entries in my scenery library that fixed my issues and if I want to fly in png for instance I tick them back 

Order looks right, they had a problem with the 1.3 update for Global though.  Maybe this will help?..............

From their forums, official post.

If you have installed the Global 1.30  after installing openLC EU you will see texture issues in some areas.

Simplest solution is to re-install the East component of the 4 openLC EU installers and the latest Orbxlibs afterwards.

Just some extra info on what happened..........

Unfortunately the Global installer will put back the files that were in the 'Baltic mini-demo'. This is easily resolved by running the openLC EUEast installer and this will resolve the texture issues in that region.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

I dont have the exact same products but have had similar experience. I have vector global and oceania installed

I found that even if I had oceania ticked that weird textures would bleed through in australia where golf courses should be.

I found that I really cant fly between regions  and if I am flying in an orbx region like OZ or  I just untick all the global and vector entries in my scenery library that fixed my issues and if I want to fly in png for instance I tick them back 

Sounds similar. The textures would go crazy.

Order looks right, they had a problem with the 1.3 update for Global though.  Maybe this will help?..............

Very interesting. I'll give all this a go and report back tomorrow.

Many thanks!

Just tried the above suggestion.

Unfortunately no joy.

I've got water where it shouldn't be and messed up/changing textures.

Everything up to date. Latest Orbx libraries installed.

My Scenery Config:

Ftx Orbx LIbs

OpenLC Europe1

OpenLC Europe10

OpenLC Europe 2

OpenLC Europe3

OpenLC Europe4

OpenLC Europe5

OpenLC Europe6

OpenLC Europe7

OpenLC Europe8

OpenLc Europe9

OpenLc Namerica 1

ORBX OpenLC Base

Africa Addon Scenery

Orbx Vector OBJ

Orbx Vector APT

Orbx Vector CVX

Orbx Vector EXX

Fs Global 2010 NAM

Fs Global 2010 OCE

Fs Global 2010 AFRICA

Fs Global 2010 Local Meshes

Fs Global 2010 EUR

Fs Global 2010 ANT

Fs Global 2010 ASIA

Fs Global 2010 CSA

Scenery 1107 to 000

Orbx FTX Vector AEC

Scenery Base

Scenery World

NO PROBLEMS ABOUT THIS CONFIG

• Upvote 1

My Scenery Config:

Ftx Orbx LIbs

OpenLC Europe1

OpenLC Europe10

OpenLC Europe 2

OpenLC Europe3

OpenLC Europe4

OpenLC Europe5

OpenLC Europe6

OpenLC Europe7

OpenLC Europe8

OpenLc Europe9

OpenLc Namerica 1

ORBX OpenLC Base

Africa Addon Scenery

Orbx Vector OBJ

Orbx Vector APT

Orbx Vector CVX

Orbx Vector EXX

Fs Global 2010 NAM

Fs Global 2010 OCE

Fs Global 2010 AFRICA

Fs Global 2010 EUR

Fs Global 2010 ANT

Fs Global 2010 ASIA

Fs Global 2010 CSA

Scenery 1107 to 000

Orbx FTX Vector AEC

Scenery Base

Scenery World

Thanks for your reply.

Played about with a few things and it seems to be working now, though I'm not sure exactly what it was.

My Scenery Config:

Ftx Orbx LIbs

OpenLC Europe1

OpenLC Europe10

OpenLC Europe 2

OpenLC Europe3

OpenLC Europe4

OpenLC Europe5

OpenLC Europe6

OpenLC Europe7

OpenLC Europe8

OpenLc Europe9

OpenLc Namerica 1

ORBX OpenLC Base

Africa Addon Scenery

Orbx Vector OBJ

Orbx Vector APT

Orbx Vector CVX

Orbx Vector EXX

Fs Global 2010 NAM

Fs Global 2010 OCE

Fs Global 2010 AFRICA

Fs Global 2010 EUR

Fs Global 2010 ANT

Fs Global 2010 ASIA

Fs Global 2010 CSA

Scenery 1107 to 000

Orbx FTX Vector AEC

Scenery Base

Scenery World

thanks for that.  I have orbx england , scotland wales and ireland... where would they go in relation to the list ?

14ppkc-6.png

thanks for that.  I have orbx england , scotland wales and ireland... where would they go in relation to the list ?

Between...........

Ftx Orbx LIbs

OpenLC Europe1

Regions are between libs and LC

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

Enji, what did you play around with? I'm battling a similar problem.

Mike

So I assume entries of large pay ware airports like DreamTeam and FlyTampa go above all the Orbx stuff?

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

So I assume entries of large pay ware airports like DreamTeam and FlyTampa go above all the Orbx stuff?

Bill Clark

That would be correct.  If you look at an ORBX install that has ORBX airports as well, those are above everything else but right below the ORBX Libs entry.  However since 3rd party airports don't use the Libs you can just put them up at the top.

I have installed FSX,global,vector, and Europe files on the same drive. Is this ok or will it be better to install in spear ate drives?

• Upvote 1