Sign in to follow this  
enji

ORBX scenery library order

Useful thread, thanks.

Just one thing, where does Addon Scenery go in the list?  If I put it high up as in the OP will it not take priority over addon payware airports which

have their own layers?

John

Supporter.png

John

Charles,

I notice that every time I do an update with Orbx (add new scenery) it moves all my large airports like DreamTeam and Fly Tampa to where they are positioned below the Orbx scenery.

When that happens, then I have to follow the tedious process of moving each and every large airport in the scenery folders dialog box back up above the Orbx stuff?

Is there a way to stop that from happening?

Bill Clark

• Upvote 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

I'd like to know that one to  Bill

Pete Little

From the manual (pag 13):

"Scenario 3: If you intend to spend some time in an Orbx FTX Region without leaving

If you intend to spend some time flying within the boundaries of an Orbx FTX Region, for example Europe

(England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, etc.), then you can select to use Region Exclusive Mode

To use Region Exclusive Mode, simply select the FTX Region (in this example, Europe), then press Apply.

Note that openLC Europe is not the FTX Europe region and selecting it will cause anomalies in the

scenery.

openLC is a Global addon and works only with Global selected. Scenario 1, Scenario 2 or Scenario 4 are

applicable where openLC is concerned."

Charles,

I notice that every time I do an update with Orbx (add new scenery) it moves all my large airports like DreamTeam and Fly Tampa to where they are positioned below the Orbx scenery.

When that happens, then I have to follow the tedious process of moving each and every large airport in the scenery folders dialog box back up above the Orbx stuff?

Is there a way to stop that from happening?

Bill Clark

Hi Bill,

you should be able to solve this by setting an insertion point in your FTX Central for the ORBX sceneries. Normally the recommended position is to place the insertion point at Addon Scenery, so any ORBX items will then be added to your scenery library just above the Addon Scenery entry.

Info about how to do this is available in just about all the manuals that come with any ORBX product, or via this thread on the ORBX forums:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/28291-adding-a-scenery-library-insertion-point-ftxcentral-step-by-step/

Cheers

Jack

Jack Johnston

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Jack,

Wow, thank you very much.............never knew that feature existed.

This will save me a lot of work!!!!!!!

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

The success or otherwise of the insertion point function depends on the position of the Addon Scenery relative to Orbx and other areas in the Scenery Library.

I've not had an answer to my earlier posting which asked exactly this question. 

If it is put low down, then modifications by ADE or similar may not appear as expected. 

Supporter.png

John

Hi,

Question, all ORBX entries should be above on top of airports or below?

I have all ORBX entries above of airports on top of scenery library it does any difference?

Thank you.

Hi,

Question, all ORBX entries should be above on top of airports or below?

I have all ORBX entries above of airports on top of scenery library it does any difference?

Thank you.

Hi Chiraaaaag!!

I have the insertion point below my non-ORBX addon scenery and this works fine. The reason is, that some "4th party addon airports" are located in ORBX land (Aerosoft Anchorage for example is in FTX Southern Alaska). So I make sure that PANC has a higher priority than FTX (FTX is lower than PANC).

If you experience problems with your order of scenery library entries you may want to try the same.

Hi Oliver, a long time.

Yes I experienced problem with MA Berlin Brandeburg and I moved top and problem gone.

I don't have any problem with mine scenery order so I guess no problem there and I can maintain all as now, I guess ORBX doesn't says on manual if we must have it on top or below add-on so it's user choice I think.

When I installed all I guess ORBX system has ordered all as it should be. (also had all airports installed when I installed ORBX Global)

Great job with Airbus series!

Thank you.

I put ALL of my non-Orbx scenery (Aerosoft, FSAddon, etc, ) above my Orbx sceneries with the exception of FSAddon's Tongass Fjords which must be below SAK.  So my scenery library priorities looks like this:

Non-Orbx addons priority 1 thru 168 in alphabetical order

Orbx Sceneries 169 thru 334

Tongass Fjords high 335

Tongass Fjords low 336

Edwards AFB 337

My insertion point is set to Tongass Fjords High.

I never fiddle with positioning ANY of the Orbx sceneries in the scenery library.  I assume the installer knows where  they should go.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

If you're questioning exactly which airport is showing in FSX/P3D (whether it's the stock airport or some 3rd party airport or etc) AND you have FS Commander you can easily find out.

From the menu bar of FS Commander > Window > Airport Information will bring up a window with all sorts of information including what file is being read to display the airport. IE: "Based on file: AFX_EKCH.bgl" in red letters. Since FS Commander builds its database like FSX/P3D prioritizes its scenery areas you know for sure if your scenery ordering is correct or not.

Also helps to sort out why that lake is in the middle of the runway. KORD 28C. I speak from experience.

FS Commander is shareware and works for 30 minutes until registered. Support the author..

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

sorry may be dumn questin i have alot of flytampa flightbeam and other scenery does that stuff go right below. not sure of the order confused

aes basepack

ordlibs

flytampa

flightbeam

latinvfr

orbx psp

orbx jac

orbx bzn

then everything else

sorry may be dumn questin i have alot of flytampa flightbeam and other scenery does that stuff go right below. not sure of the order confused

aes basepack

ordlibs

flytampa

flightbeam

latinvfr

orbx psp

orbx jac

orbx bzn

then everything else