Sign in to follow this  
oldgreydog

Button Mapper and Analogue Clock Problems

I have used Button Mapper to configure the buttons and knobs for my Panel Builder instruments. However, I have not been able to get the decision height adjustment to work on the radio altimeter.

Also, I am using a Saitek Trim control which has a habit of going to sleep. When it is used and wakes up, Button Mapper stops working and  I have to pause FSX and click on its Run button to bring it back.

In addition, I have the analogue clock on my panel, but it doesn't syncronise with the FSX time. It always starts at 3:30 and runs from there regardless of the time in FSX.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have been unable to get Button Mapper to successfully assign buttons or a rotary encoder to adjust the Radio Altimeter. All the other instrument adjustments work fine with it. In addition I have a problem with Button Mapper going offline if my Saitek Trim control goes to sleep because it hasn't been operated for a while and then wakes up when operated. I have adjusted the USB settings in WIndows to keep the ports awake at al times, but this doesn't seem to work.

Also I have the Analogue Clock on my instrument panel and regardless of the FSX time, it starts at 3:30 and counts from there. How can I fix this?

I have a look at the Radio Altimeter if the code for the ButtonMapper is missing.

Re the Saitek Trim Control: Unfortunately there is not much I can do. In my view it has a design fault. Why would the control 'disappear' from Windows if not used for a while. No other controller does this. I'm not sure what you mean by 'Button Mapper goes offline'. If you could clarify I can investigate further. Also I don't know why this should affect Button Mapper.

There are several types of Clocks in Panel Builder. Some or auto-setting (get set by the flight sim) other you have to set every time before each flight. This is just like in the real world. Some clocks only work when battery power is applied and therefor need to be set after engine start.

I checked the Radio Altimeter Decision height. It works in the latest version of Panel Builder and Button Mapper. But each button press (or encoder click) increase/decreases the value by 1 (foot), so this is a small value and you to press a lot of time to so a change. I've adjusted the increase to +/- 10 feet for each click. This will be available in the next version update.

I checked the Radio Altimeter Decision height. It works in the latest version of Panel Builder and Button Mapper. But each button press (or encoder click) increase/decreases the value by 1 (foot), so this is a small value and you to press a lot of time to so a change. I've adjusted the increase to +/- 10 feet for each click. This will be available in the next version update.

To get Button Mapper to work with FSX I start the software then when simconnect and FSX are up I click on the "run" button on Button Mapper. If during the operation of FSX I use the trim control (so far as I can tell, the first time I use it) I get a tone from windows indicating the a USB device has connected. Following this, all Button Mapper assigned buttons stop working. This is fixed by clicking on the "run" button again.

On the subject of the clock operation; it would be good if the lack of automatic synchronisation was in the documentation, as I would have made provision in my instrument panel for this. Now I will have to do some form of work round.