Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Using iPad apps as the CDU interface

Hi all

Is anyone using any iPad applications like Virtual CDU -  or any other as their FMC interface ?  Of so, do they work well?

Thanks

erich

I am using VirtualCDU777 on an iPad. Its great! It is very nice for setting up the aircraft. The only issues I had was realizing that my IP address changes every so often and sometimes after a very long haul it does not connect to the FMC i am unsure of why. Once I figured that out I was able to change it in the setting for the IP. It works flawlessly. As for the connectivity issue that's another issue that I am not sure is related to the software.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I have all 3 products for the 737 NGX, 777 & Airbus 318/319

I love them and use every flight. There is no delay whatsoever and it sure beats spending $1000 on a replica FMC that can only be used with one aircraft. My total spend was $60 for all three

To avoid the issue mentioned above simply make sure your FSX PC & iPad are on static IP addresses

Hope this helps

Richard

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

I use virtual CDU with the 737 NGX & it's great. Have spent many thousands of pounds on a full set of avionics for PMDG's original 737 on FS 9 I'm delighted with this set up for fractions of the cost. It works very well.

Thanks guys

Incidently, is there a virtual CDU interface available for the Majestic Q400?

Has anyone tried the Virtual CDU with the B777 SP1c?  Their website only lists SP1 and SP1b.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Yes.. It works

Thanks, and yes it does.  :yahoo:

Cheers

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I actually made my own version of this.  I don't think it's polished enough to offer as payware (or even freeware for that matter) but it does the job.  Come to think of it though, the 6 hours it took me to make, I should've paid the $20.

sig01.png

I have found that Aerosoft have been putting out regular updates to the new A318/A319 and each update stopped the Virtual CDU from operating.

The developer to his credit has been constantly updating the VA Interface which you have to run on the FSX PC and has kept up with Aerosoft.

As I mentioned before I use all 3 and it is a fantastic and very affordable solution.

I too would be interested in an app for the Dash 8 as I also have that aircraft in my hanger, I am going to send an email to the developer

Richard

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

I have found that Aerosoft have been putting out regular updates to the new A318/A319 and each update stopped the Virtual CDU from operating.

The developer to his credit has been constantly updating the VA Interface which you have to run on the FSX PC and has kept up with Aerosoft.

As I mentioned before I use all 3 and it is a fantastic and very affordable solution.

I too would be interested in an app for the Dash 8 as I also have that aircraft in my hanger, I am going to send an email to the developer

Richard

So I guess that means the Airbus app is exclusive to the Aerosoft Airbus? Has the developer expressed interest in making a version for the FSL Airbus when it's released? 

Richard

Here's a reply from the developer

Hello Captain,

We are already in talks with Majestic in order to figure out a way to do it.

It's in our best interest doing a VCDU for the Dash 8, but there isn't no committed data so far.

Should we overcome some technical challenges and were able to release it, we will let you know.

Best Regards,

So I guess that means the Airbus app is exclusive to the Aerosoft Airbus? Has the developer expressed interest in making a version for the FSL Airbus when it's released?

Not sure,

When is this supposed to be released? I guess it depends whether or not FSL will release an SDK for their product.

The Aerosot product is pretty polished. They will have to do something pretty special to give the A318/A319 a run for its money.

Richard

mmBbmS1.png

I use Virtual CDU for Android, and love it.  There is no noticable lag, and I can switch effortlessly between using it on different devices.  This comes in handy, if I start out using the tablet on a long flight, and later on my son needs to use the tablet for something else.  Bam! I just disconnect the tablet, and reconnect with my phone (a little less coinvenient because of the smaller screem but works beautifully).  On a side note, it also lets me partially monitor the flight from another room if I am called away for some reason.  Last week, I even executed a step cliimb that way; when I returned the aircraft was already at its new assigned altitude :-)   Granted this is not strictly realistic, but its kind of cool that you can do it if needed.

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones

Not sure,

When is this supposed to be released? I guess it depends whether or not FSL will release an SDK for their product.

The Aerosot product is pretty polished. They will have to do something pretty special to give the A318/A319 a run for its money.

It's currently in or close to beta testing I believe. It'll be a PMDG quality Airbus. Their CEO is the former director and lead developer of PMDG. Have you seen their Concorde?