Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Playing wave files during flight

Does someone know of a tool/utility/gauge that will allow you to play wave files during flight?

Richard Åsberg

Tools or program no, but if you have a second pc networked with FSX server pc you can play music/waves file from client and listen to server. This is the onoy idea I have if you have a networked configuration. Otherwise you have to listen music/waves within FSX.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Thanks for the tip but I think I should clarify a bit what I'm trying to do here.

In the past I was using XPax from HiFi which would play different wave files along your flight such as a welcome message, a message during cruise, descent etc. Back then I decided to record my own wave files for these different messages to make it a bit more personal and it turned out pretty cool.

Now I'm not using XPax anymore but found my old recordings and figured it would be cool being able to use them again without having XPax installed. I think the best thing would be to have some sort of gauge with buttons for the various stages of flight such as first flight announcement, departure, cruise, descent and then "connecting" the wave files to these buttons so when I for instance press the 'Welcome' button the FirstFlightAnnouncement.wav file is played back.

Actually I just came to think of a gauge I saw many, many years ago and probably it wasn't even for FSX but rather for FS9. Maybe I should do some serching and see if I can find it because IIRC it did exactly this...allowed you to connect wave files to buttons you could press to play back the wave file.

Richard Åsberg

http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2908/fs2004-flightdeck-sound-effects-panel/

This is a pop-up panel for cabin announcements.  I would believe you can substitute your wave files for the

ones that come with it.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I think this is the panel I was thinking of and sure enough it was/is for FS9 but hopefully it will work with FSX as well.

Will give it a try, thanks!

Richard Åsberg

It does work in FSX.  I help another simmer with it a few months ago.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thanks for the input guys but in the end I made it easy for myself by simply playing the wave files from my second PC.

Richard Åsberg

I think "Cielosim - Live ATC Chatter" will do what you want.  You set up radio frequencies to play wav. or mp3. files.

Steve

Steve Corzine

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png