Sign in to follow this  
Alex L

A2A Accu-Sim 182T Skylane First Look Video (18 Minutes)

Hi all!

I noticed A2A posted a preview video today of their next product, the Cessna 182T Skylane: 

What do you all think?

Personally, I think it looks very nice. It should be a fun aircraft to fly. I was surprised, though, that they didn't replicate the interior avionics of the real-life aircraft that they tested, but I'm sure they had good reason to do so.

The video says the 182T should be released in the upcoming "days/weeks." Well done, A2A!

amazing. gosh I wish they'd do a GA twin

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

would be great if they would add the HSI instead of just a heading indicator.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I haven't watched the video but am excited about a high performance GA plane from A2A, and I always liked the C182. I skipped their C172 but will likely get this one.

Hopefully they are planning to do a complex GA next. I'd like to see them do a Piper Comanche or a Beech Bonanza.

Barry Friedman

It's too similar to the C172 (which i like very much) for my tastes, i'll be passing on this.

Ian R Tyldesley

I passed on the 172. Will probably get this one though.

It's too similar to the C172 (which i like very much) for my tastes, i'll be passing on this.

It *looks* the same but, the two are quite different RW and I hope they can capture that.  A C172 is a great trainer and slowwwww.  A C182 is a touring airplane and will cruise a good 30-40 knots faster, has a constant speed prop, a much larger cowl (I used to look at it and think "How do you see over that thing?").  But it's fine once you're in the seat.  I really loved flying one during the short time I was working on my Instruments (not finished).  It's a good choice! 

Gregg

EDIT:  I've said it before in another thread when describing them.  The difference between the two in flight feels like the difference between driving a car and driving a minivan.  The 182 sways and you don't cut the power, you slowly back it off as you're over coming over the approach lights.  It would be nice to see them add an RG version.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I'll be in, no doubt. I'm so pleased I resisted the 'other' 182 out there. This will be doing a lot of miles.

Mike

182... Ugh

I like their company but this is an instant pass - just another single slow blah! F1 has an excellent glass rendition as well.

I was really hoping for that Bonanza!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It *looks* the same but, the two are quite different RW and I hope they can capture that.

I completely agree with Gregg.  Often in the sim world things get oversimplified into broad categories (in part because models haven't always been sophisticated enough) whereas in RW aviation the differences are more easily recognized.  In sim terms - "Hey, two high wing singles (172 and 182) - no real difference."  IRL, however, moving from a 172 (still fairly small and light, with under 200 HP and fixed pitch prop) to a 182, (larger, far more power and a constant speed prop) is a significant step.  As Scott mentions in the video, the feel, handling and power are all markedly different from the 172 and trim suddenly becomes your best friend.

If they can capture those differences, I'm in.  I do also wish they'd done an RG, however.

Scott