Sign in to follow this  
Alex L

A2A Accu-Sim 182T Skylane First Look Video (18 Minutes)

I agree on the RW the differences are really nice (seating four probably full fuel), half a mi / min faster etc. but in the sim it's too slow for me. I'll take their Commanche or Bonanza if they ever do those.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Aviation and Flight Sim Video Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Hi all!

I noticed A2A posted a preview video today of their next product, the Cessna 182T Skylane:  

What do you all think?

Personally, I think it looks very nice. It should be a fun aircraft to fly. I was surprised, though, that they didn't replicate the interior avionics of the real-life aircraft that they tested, but I'm sure they had good reason to do so.

The video says the 182T should be released in the upcoming "days/weeks." Well done, A2A!

Thank you for posting this.

I just purchased their Piper Cherokee last week (what I flew as a student and when I got my Private License). I'm really impressed with A2A, and recently started flying their P47, B377 and B-17. As much as I love flying PMDG 737NGX and 747, there is something special about flying props - I really feel like I'm piloting these planes (and not just a computer operator <g>).

Nice aircraft.  Will buy it, but I personally would have preferred an older model 182, than another modern rendition.

Still, just read this will have GTN750 compatibility so HAPPY DAYS ! :)

This wasnt off topic! Please put it back in the FSX forum where it will actually be seen!!

Aviation and flightsim video forum?  Seriously?  For a new A2A release?  

May I respectfully suggest that this properly belongs in the FSX and/or P3D forums where people can find it... and that the moderation is, in this particular instance, maybe just a little too intense?

My $.02...

Didn't see that coming! :smile:

I don't think anyone did. Out of nowhere. Not complaining though. I'm always happy to add an Accusim bird to the hangar.

May I respectfully suggest that this properly belongs in the FSX and/or P3D forums where people can find it... and that the moderation is, in this particular instance, maybe just a little too intense?

My $.02...

+1

This caught me by surprise too, I was expecting the V35 lol,  It is a great choice tho, not everyone looks at speed first, especially when there is already a P-51.  It's great to have an accusimmed legit bush plane now, especially if it gets tundra tires later.   This 182 will get in and out of some airstrips that you wouldn't dare try with a V35.  The last accusim bush plane was the J-3, and thats even slow by bush plane standards lol.  It is great to see virtual bush pilots finally getting a high quality release.

Credit card ready.  

Do you ever notice that A2A and Realair tend to have 'comming soon' releases together frequently?   Either way, its win win....get a high performance bush plane or a fast turbine twin...or both...lol.  Lol what do you bet this will switch next time....Scout V2 released the same time as A2A V35 or whatever lol.

Cheers

TJ 

It *looks* the same but, the two are quite different RW and I hope they can capture that.  A C172 is a great trainer and slowwwww.  A C182 is a touring airplane and will cruise a good 30-40 knots faster, has a constant speed prop, a much larger cowl (I used to look at it and think "How do you see over that thing?").  But it's fine once you're in the seat.  I really loved flying one during the short time I was working on my Instruments (not finished).  It's a good choice! 

Gregg

EDIT:  I've said it before in another thread when describing them.  The difference between the two in flight feels like the difference between driving a car and driving a minivan.  The 182 sways and you don't cut the power, you slowly back it off as you're over coming over the approach lights.  It would be nice to see them add an RG version.

Great observation Gregg and exactly what was observed during the test flights, the yoke pressures to move the controls alone is a wake up call to just how different this aircraft is.

cheers,

Lewis

Lewis - A2A Simulations

This wasnt off topic! Please put it back in the FSX forum where it will actually be seen!!

My $.02...

Agree, why on Earth would this be moved to a "videos" forum section?   :wacko: 

Very odd move by the moderators.....

Um, perhaps because it is a video? Just guessing of course. I didn't move the topic. Of course one could start a new thread in the FSX forum and post a link to this thread.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

We can put it into perspective, think of it like cars.  in our accusim hangar for GA, we have the C172, PA28, Civ P-51 and J-3.  Lets 'covert' these in our auto garage, so we basically have something like Ford Focus, Toyota Corolla, Ferrari, and a dirt bike lol.   A Comanche/V35 would be something like a Ford Mustang/Dodge Charger...etc ie, a nice 'affordable' sports car upgrade from the Corolla...which would be great....but you already have a Ferrari...so going somewhere 'fast' isn't a problem.  The C182 is kind of like a Jeep Cherokee or something...now you can do something else besides just go fast, such as go on a camping trip...and actually haul more than what you could with the dirt bike. :lol:

Yes the Ford Mustang will be very nice when it gets here...but there is no hurry with that shiny Ferrari already in the garage lol.  In the meantime, plan some camping trips lol.

Cheers

TJ

I for one am completely stoked about this release...absolutely love the 182, would be the only airplane I would own if I could afford a real one. True 4 seated, great range, can get in and out of anywhere, good high altitude performance, etc, etc. Used the carenado 182q for years, then the 182tc, but this will be a step up in realism..

G

I've created a new thread in the main FSX forum to continue the discussion about the new C182T addon in general for those that would like to do so.