Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

P3D 2.4 not letting me complete airliner flights

Okay, I've tried all the tweaks recommended here in the forums including the new DSR settings. I especially rely on Rob Ainscough's suggestions. My i7 4770k with a 780ti has P3d looking great and performing well. It's all fine as long as I fly GA and make short local hops. However, when I load real weather and an airliner like the Aerosoft A319 or QW 146 and go from a major 3rd party addon airport to another major airport, P3D 2.4 crashes. I haven't been able to complete an airliner flight yet. Any thoughts anyone? I have tried moving the graphic sliders down, Most are in a more middle ground setting. I've got a few WOAI packages in there, but I keep the air traffic to 25%. I am very frustrated. I've read every thread here and tried all the fixes and nothing seems to eliminate this problem. Maybe this software is not ready for long haul airliner flights yet? More updates needed?

:huh:

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

What is the error that it gives you when it crashes?

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I get the same problem with CS 777, CS L1011 and BBS A330 with following crash event;

General:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 2.4.11570.0, time stamp: 0x542314d3
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0568000c
Faulting process id: 0x8c0
Faulting application start time: 0x01cff15305ec5664
Faulting application path: F:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 0ab0ab4e-5d47-11e4-8fe4-74d02b9c8e9d

Details:

Prepar3D.exe       2.4.11570.0       542314d3       unknown       0.0.0.0       00000000       c0000005       0568000c       8c0       01cff15305ec5664       F:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Prepar3D.exe       unknown       0ab0ab4e-5d47-11e4-8fe4-74d02b9c8e9d

I couldn't determine which module causing this problem.

Ali A.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

Welcome to my pain. Same issue but I'm not getting an OOM message just a fatal error message. Its ridiculous I'm so fed up with it at this point. I've completed one flight ever and it was a clear skies flight with no clouds.

I suggest an uninstall and reinstall.  I have no problem with long haul (over two hours) using the Aerosoft A319.

I just completed a Rome to Samos Greece flight with Aerosoft A319 and addon scenery,with no issues.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I have done all of the above. No luck. Short GA hops are fine. Honestly, I am not sure the re-installs cure anything. I can duplicate the same flights in FSX and have no problems. Now of course, FSX demands less from the computer than P3D does, so obviously there is a serious memory issue with P3D. It'll get solved, it's just frustrating until they find it and fix it. I'll hang in there and just puddle jump on P3D for the moment.

Lee

Lee H

What kinda of third party addons are you running alongside P3D? Any ACARS system, I know you said weather already.

I found that PlanG would do that to me, and Ezdok also. I had to install the newest patch for it to act right and not crash me out after about 1 hour.

Also, do you use multiple monitors?

I've stayed away from a lot of things, I'm trying to keep it simple and straightforward. I have FTX Global, FTX PNW, FTX England, a few 3rd party sceneries, the Aerosoft A319 and the QW 146 set. I have some World of AI packages, but I keep that around 20%. Maybe I should shut ai off. Nothing else really. I did put in REX clouds so I could select a lower resolution than the default clouds. I'm staying away from the Migrator and instead waiting for true P3D installers to come along.

Lee

Lee H

Hi Lee,

I don't have World of AI so I can't comment on it's VAS usage.  It would be helpful if you posted more details about you settings including how much VRAM you video card has.

I've had no trouble doing long haul flights (over 4 hours) from 3rd party to 3rd party airports even with GSX being used at both departure and destination.

Based on limited information, here are some suggestions if you haven't already done this:

1.  Stay with 1024 textures (including any REX textures, Airport Textures, etc.)

2.  For long haul flights I use P3D default clouds.

3.  Setup your starting flight -- pick location, time/date, and aircraft and Save the flight and exit P3D, now double click the saved flight file (.fxml) to launch P3D  (this process will save you a lot of VAS and there is a known bug in the aircraft selection screen where as you pick and look at aircraft even when you don't "load" them they will consume VAS and not release it)

4.  Do NOT use any HD paints with the QW 146

5.  If you're flying over (or close to) any 3rd party airports enroute suggest you disable them in the Scenery library ... not going to seem much from FL300 or so

6.  Check the updates to the A319 ... there have been several updates and the update process involved manual file copies ... hopefully this has changed an a proper patch has been created.  Check with Aerosoft.

7.  If there is anything in your DLL.XML or EXE.XML that you know you aren't using for you flight, disable them ... other 3rd party aircraft often add entries here.

8.  Try to disable WOAI to see if that help - just as a test.  I use UT2 and set AI to about 25%.

9.  If you are using FTX Vector -- you didn't list it, but in case you are using it ... suggest you disable Secondary and Tertiary roads and disable all bridges

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob,

Your web page really helped me a lot with the overall P3D settings to begin with, so I will definitely try some of the things you mention. I was using a program called Simstarter in FSX which lets you choose specific scenery.cfg files depending on where you are flying. This would allow you to only load scenery areas you were travelling in. It made a huge difference in FSX. They now have a P3D version, I'll try that. I use UT2 in FSX, but I have not ported it over to P3D. I'll try the texture change. I have been using 2048 textures.

My Jetline PC has system memory 16GB Trident DDR3 SDRAM 2133MHz and I a 3GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Ti, GDDR5, so I know I have the real estate.

Lee

P.S. Rob, I switched over to using DSR, do you think it is better to go back to the NVI method as shown in many posts on this forum?

Lee H

Guest JustanotherPilot

I have 2.4 and had problems the same as this until I set P3D v2.4 affinity mask through the taskmanager (frooglesim@youtube.com), by doing this you can experiment in realtime as to how many cores of your cpu you want assigned to P3D, and see the results immediatly instead of setting in the cfg file.  I found the best setting for my i7-2600 is all 8 cores, I have HT enabled. To improve memory as well, I created a virtual memory setting for P3D and FSX whereby I'm using up to 8gig of ram instead of the limitation imposed by these programs. This tweak can be googled on how to.

After applying these I have the settings sliders maxed out and my old radeon 7750 GPU is getting 20-25fps(max 30 set) of smooth detailed flying. I'm using the Axe A320 and Milviz B737-200 on flights up to 2 hours.

No guaratees it will work for you but I'm very happy with the results.

Hope this helps.

steve

I use UT2 in FSX, but I have not ported it over to P3D. I'll try the texture change. I have been using 2048 textures.

UT2 and 2048 textures will be hard on VAS (and UT2 will be hard on FPS).  I use 25% traffic setting with UT2 ... there is also a tool that will convert the UT2 aircraft paints to reduce memory.

I've tried DSR but it didn't really do much for my setup.  I don't use NVI any more ... well maybe if I'm trying to do a nice screenshot I'll use SGSS AA but normally don't use NVI.  Even my NV control panel is all application controlled and/or defaults.

Cheers, Rob.

Okay, here's what I have done so far:

I removed all WOAI ai. I have none at the moment. I'll think on that one

I ran a repair of P3D and went back to all my original settings as per your website and your suggestions. I reverted to NVI because 3rd party aircraft seem to need SGSS to look decent. I am not sure which of the P3D display settings could accomplish the same effect.

I am re-installing the Aerosoft A319 with their latest files and the QW 146 not using HD textures.

I am only using 3rd party sceneries that are P3D v2 ready.

So far so good. Will try longer flights this weekend.

Lee

Lee H