Sign in to follow this  
GHarrall

FTX Palm Springs KPSP Released........and wow, its incredible!

Just get it.

Thats all I have to say. Incredible work and FPS is just amazing with the level of detail. Its an entire area not an airport.

I just saw that Glenn.  Jarrad Marshall has raised the bar once again.  Another must have to add to my Black Friday/Christmas list

Chris Sunseri

Another great FTX airport.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

It is a very nice airport and surrounding area.

warning 3840 x 2160

d0958023225f607212b1e8b52dbff99a.jpg

8ca67223952892c15db89fe3cfe01039.jpg

7caaeea6618b398733ae6311e21bdc82.jpg

ec235c7503a340236730908c2eba4a34.jpg

dd6b384ddab878e50d05e6150cf8bd42.jpg

Cheers, Rob.

Just as a reminder: This is an Orbx FTX airport, and as such a copy of FTX: Global BASE must be installed prior to use.

Yes, but in discussions on the Orbx forum when this was first announced Jarrad had said this should work fine with default AND with MSX SoCal (other than some color mismatches), and that it would also be updated with any adjustments necessary when the planned SoCal region gets done.

Scott

Yes, but in discussions on the Orbx forum when this was first announced Jarrad had said this should work fine with default AND with MSX SoCal (other than some color mismatches), and that it would also be updated with any adjustments necessary when the planned SoCal region gets done.

Scott

+1

I wish they would make more airports like this that were stand alone and not needing the region to be installed.

I would buy Jackson Hole if it didn't require the region pack, but I am not spending the money for that region just to get one airport to work properly.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

+1

I wish they would make more airports like this that were stand alone and not needing the region to be installed.

I would buy Jackson Hole if it didn't require the region pack, but I am not spending the money for that region just to get one airport to work properly.

Infact you can install the Airports without the regions. I did it once with the Freeware Airport in Canada. Only issue usually is that you have to get the Airport to the right Level (altitude).

If I remember that correctly to achieve this you have to set one BGL-file to "off" and that's it.

It may be that colors are not matching but that's shouldn't be the problem, should it?

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

Full regions are the best bang for buck value in my opinion.

I would buy a region before an airport any day of the week. Besides, the regions are so good it seems daft not to have them, especially on sale. I think the older regions went on sale for 15 or 20 bucks not so long ago?

I say the same thing no matter if VFR or at 30,000 feet.

Just my opinion of course......

Scott

Has anybody tried this without FTX yet? I want this airport, and I want the SoCal region when it's released. I don't, however, have any interest in FTX.

Full regions are the best bang for buck value in my opinion.

I would buy a region before an airport any day of the week. Besides, the regions are so good it seems daft not to have them, especially on sale. I think the older regions went on sale for 15 or 20 bucks not so long ago?

I say the same thing no matter if VFR or at 30,000 feet.

Just my opinion of course......

I agree that the regions are a good deal, but depending on the type of flying you do maybe not.

I mainly just fly tubes, so having a whole region to explore is not necessary for me. For example, Jackson Hole I would be flying to the airport in a tube, refuel, then on to the next stop. I wouldn't even see what the region has to offer. Plus, it seems like the regions are always a little harder on VAS and FPS, than non-region areas. I can fly the NGX into default KSEA with good FPS and VAS to spare, but if I load the NGX and attempt to go into KSEA performance overall is worse.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Just as a reminder: This is an Orbx FTX airport, and as such a copy of FTX: Global BASE must be installed prior to use.

Works wonderfully without it though! The ONLY thing I see is not great blending with GEX and that's only in some areas. Other areas it blends pretty well. Very FPS friendly (but note it is a default area on my rig)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I agree that the regions are a good deal, but depending on the type of flying you do maybe not.

I mainly just fly tubes, so having a whole region to explore is not necessary for me. For example, Jackson Hole I would be flying to the airport in a tube, refuel, then on to the next stop. I wouldn't even see what the region has to offer. Plus, it seems like the regions are always a little harder on VAS and FPS, than non-region areas. I can fly the NGX into default KSEA with good FPS and VAS to spare, but if I load the NGX and attempt to go into KSEA performance overall is worse.

So, Jim, what a better 'push' to NOT just be flying only...in the 'metal sausage'...and take a 'private' up for some class-A   eye and neck exercise.... :P

This scenery is epic. Looks amazing and performance is incredible.

Go get it.

Hirdy

Scott

Just posting word for word what is on the purchase page (very first sentence) from the FlightSim store.

kpsp_zps85a46838.jpg