Sign in to follow this  
AirbusCG

Request: Possibility to close the 2D ECL manually

Sometimes when a checklist hangs or the FO just does not understand something it can be quite nasty to get the ECL closed.

Would it be possible to add a button to the mainpanel that closes the 2D ECL, regardless of the checklist situation?

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

I would second the motion on this request Bryan - Richard  Especially on short final when the FO has been drinking and doesn't understand my responses to the challenges its a hard to get the ECL window out of the way without basically stopping your flying.  An "escape switch would be nice"

Richard

Okay, I'll add it to V1.1.

But you shouldn't ever be getting stuck.

If you ever get stuck, just say "Set and Checked".

But the best thing to do is use the responses from the tutorial flight.

I already do exactly that, but sometimes things just do not work out.

On one occation I was even asked Autobrake on the approach checklist (don't ask me why... apparently I can't provide the CVR log anymore since I've already done flights thereafter), so for such cases this switch would really be apprechiated.

I believe there was something wrong with the descend checklist which I then simply skipped (Windows openend a window exactly the moment FS2Crew wanted to click something in the checklist was the issue IIRC).

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

I am having  the same problem with the 77F and the before start checklist. It always stays open until i finish engine start. This is for the button control. It closes right after I run the next checklist.

Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

I am having  the same problem with the 77F and the before start checklist. It always stays open until i finish engine start. This is for the button control. It closes right after I run the next checklist.

I'd have to re-check the code, but that may be deliberate.

Im also using the button control, no voice. It is driving me crazy. This is only on the before start checklist on the 77F.

Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

Hello, same here, newest Button Version.

Bryan, that means the before start checklist shoud not close after finneshed?

Regards

Bjoern

Sorry to dig this old thread up but i have the same problem. Just jumped into the the 777 again after about a year and when running the before start checklist on the ECL, the display stays open and im unable to close it for the remainder of the flight. After this the FO will no longer interact with the ECL. This is on the 77F with button control.