Sign in to follow this  
Alex L

Upcoming A2A Cessna 182T Skylane Accu-Sim Aircraft

This will affect my F1 C182T I guess.  :mellow:  I think I understand why A2A took the older steam gauge style over the extra work of offering a decent G1000 variant, perhaps even one with Accusim failures being available. What a truck load of work!

With the C182T being the nice cross-country cruiser it is (much better than a C172), I see where the differences justify "just another" Accusim Cessna although I must admit that I was hoping for.. a Lancair Evolution Turbine. B)

And right you are guys, the initial thread and its movement seemed funny. Guess the video file triggered the adminbot's warnings.

In didn't buy the 172 due to its botched release but will buy this one, I like that its got a constant speed prop and its improper use will have an effect on the engine in the long run plus it gives you something extra to do.

I will only buy it though if the autopilot works with my Vrinsight hardware. I wont buy complex aircraft if I have to resort to flying it with a mouse

Me too, I can't get my Saitek hardware to fully work with A2A's 172 and Cherokee, and since I have a GA cockpit build and use 3 screens without any cockpit displayed, I need that integration. 

Me too, I can't get my Saitek hardware to fully work with A2A's 172 and Cherokee, and since I have a GA cockpit build and use 3 screens without any cockpit displayed, I need that integration. 

You can use your Saitek hardware with A2A's 172, you just need to use one of the tools that can interface with A2A's custom offsets. LINDA is one of them. I believe there is also another one called SimPanels. Or you can use the handy Lvars list provided from A2A http://www.a2asimulations.com/Cockpitbuilders/A2A%20C172%20Trainer%20-%20Variable%20list.pdf

Also in the one of the recent updates they added the feature to turn off the cockpit model for those with full simpits.

Do you have FSUIPC paid version?  It can really help with hardware.  LINDA adds a big boost, making button and switch changes simple.

What's this about a botched release?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Thanks..... Ridiculous that your original thread was moved

I reported it to AVSIM staff, as we're encouraged to do where we think a decision or action was wrong.... but no change. It seems the new precedent according to some people is that if any video is featured, it then goes to the "flight sim videos" section....  :blink: 

Yes, I do agree with others that the style, gauges etc of the 182T featured here are very similar to the A2A 172.   It would have been nice for example, to have had a different autopilot unit, etc ... just to make things different.

I do love A2A but personally, I would have preferred an older 172, a newer Cherokee (with standard yoke), and a older 182 (so the opposite of everything we got  :lol: ) but hey ho, they can't please everyone.    

I'll still get this for sure.

Also in the one of the recent updates they added the feature to turn off the cockpit model for those with full simpits.

Can you give a hint where did you see this info?

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

+1 on the R182. That would have at least set it apart a bit more from their 172. A2A generally models planes from first hand experience, so maybe not having access to a Skylane RG was a factor.

Or how about the diesel engine-powered 182 that runs on Jet A?

For that, there is a persistent rumour that GTN integration will be offered for this release.. that in itself makes this

a nice airplane to own!

Bert

Or how about the diesel engine-powered 182 that runs on Jet A?

Would that make much of a difference, though?

You can use your Saitek hardware with A2A's 172, you just need to use one of the tools that can interface with A2A's custom offsets. LINDA is one of them. I believe there is also another one called SimPanels. Or you can use the handy Lvars list provided from A2A http://www.a2asimulations.com/Cockpitbuilders/A2A%20C172%20Trainer%20-%20Variable%20list.pdf

There was a sound issue with 2D view, but the recent update fixed that. I haven't got the paid FSUIPC and have not heard of LINDA or Sim Panels. I tried SPAD, but could not get it to solve my problems. But, this is Off Topic ;)

GTN integration and the HSI option make this an appealing addon. I really would like to see A2A team up with Mindstar and offer a G1000 option down the road.

I reported it to AVSIM staff, as we're encouraged to do where we think a decision or action was wrong.... but no change. It seems the new precedent according to some people is that if any video is featured, it then goes to the "flight sim videos" section....  :blink: 

Yes, I do agree with others that the style, gauges etc of the 182T featured here are very similar to the A2A 172.   It would have been nice for example, to have had a different autopilot unit, etc ... just to make things different.

I do love A2A but personally, I would have preferred an older 172, a newer Cherokee (with standard yoke), and a older 182 (so the opposite of everything we got  :lol: ) but hey ho, they can't please everyone.    

I'll still get this for sure.

It's basically the same stack they made for the 172. That fits the 172R perfectly, as it had this modern Bendix stack as an option, but then with a KLN89 instead of the A2A Garmin GNS400. I think it is a real shame A2A didn't go the extra mile to create different stacks for their following; aircraft. I realize I miss out on a great quality addon, but that modern Bendix stack in their Cherokee is not my cup of tea. They just don't match. Why not some old style radios and an option to throw in a GNS430?

The A2A 172R radios fit the 182T a lot better ofcourse, as Cessna offered this as an option, but then with a KLN94/KMD550 combo instead of this A2A GNS400

For that, there is a persistent rumour that GTN integration will be offered for this release.. that in itself makes this

a nice airplane to own!

Not a rumour at all. It's communicated as an option in the announcement thread. And not the GTN alone, also the RXP and Mindstar GNS units. That is definitely a good choice made by A2A.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

They way they model the GNX430 really bugs me. This small little screen and a huge black bezel around it. I don't like how that looks. I wonder why they decided to model it that way? I've never seen a 430 look like that on a panel.

They way they model the GNX430 really bugs me. This small little screen and a huge black bezel around it. I don't like how that looks. I wonder why they decided to model it that way? I've never seen a 430 look like that on a panel.

It's because they model a GNS400, not a 430.

GNS 400 :

17342284349445122913.jpg

.....One of the improvements of the 430 was the larger screen and smaller surround.

And ofcourse NAV/COM functionality added to GPS :)

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS