Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

PRO-ATC/X version 1.4 is out

Hello!!

The software seems not to able to use the default voice. I get this errors:

2014.11.06/01:16:31 - PRO-ATC/X Version: 1.4.0.0
2014.11.06/01:16:33 - Error! TVoice.LoadXml: Voice Invalid (C:\PRO-ATC-X\sound\controllers\Alpha117\_voiceinfo.xml)
2014.11.06/01:16:33 - Error! TVoice.LoadXml: Voice Invalid (C:\PRO-ATC-X\sound\controllers\ch1\_voiceinfo.xml)
2014.11.06/01:16:33 - Error! TVoice.LoadXml: Voice Invalid (C:\PRO-ATC-X\sound\controllers\chipbarber\_voiceinfo.xml)
2014.11.06/01:16:33 - Error! TVoice.LoadXml: Voice Invalid (C:\PRO-ATC-X\sound\controllers\mba\_voiceinfo.xml)
2014.11.06/01:16:33 - Error! TVoice.LoadXml: Voice Invalid (C:\PRO-ATC-X\sound\controllers\newcontroller001\_voiceinfo.xml)
2014.11.06/01:16:33 - Error! TVoice.LoadXml: Voice Invalid (C:\PRO-ATC-X\sound\controllers\newcontroller002\_voiceinfo.xml)
2014.11.06/01:16:33 - Error! TVoice.LoadXml: Voice Invalid (C:\PRO-ATC-X\sound\controllers\newcontroller003\_voiceinfo.xml)
2014.11.06/01:16:33 - Error! TVoice.LoadXml: Voice Invalid (C:\PRO-ATC-X\sound\controllers\vc2\_voiceinfo.xml)
2014.11.06/01:16:33 - Error! TVoice.LoadXml: Voice Invalid (C:\PRO-ATC-X\sound\controllers\vc3\_voiceinfo.xml)
2014.11.06/01:16:33 - Error! TVoice.LoadXml: Voice Invalid (C:\PRO-ATC-X\sound\copilots\alpha117\_voiceinfo.xml)
2014.11.06/01:16:33 - Error! TVoice.LoadXml: Voice Invalid (C:\PRO-ATC-X\sound\copilots\ch1\_voiceinfo.xml)
2014.11.06/01:16:33 - Error! TVoice.LoadXml: Voice Invalid (C:\PRO-ATC-X\sound\copilots\mba\_voiceinfo.xml)
2014.11.06/01:16:33 - Error! TVoice.LoadXml: Voice Invalid (C:\PRO-ATC-X\sound\copilots\NewCopilot001\_voiceinfo.xml)
2014.11.06/01:16:33 - Error! TVoice.LoadXml: Voice Invalid (C:\PRO-ATC-X\sound\copilots\newcopilot003\_voiceinfo.xml)
2014.11.06/01:16:33 - Error! TVoice.LoadXml: Voice Invalid (C:\PRO-ATC-X\sound\pilots\Alpha117\_voiceinfo.xml)
2014.11.06/01:16:33 - Error! TVoice.LoadXml: Voice Invalid (C:\PRO-ATC-X\sound\pilots\mba\_voiceinfo.xml)
2014.11.06/01:16:33 - Error! TVoice.LoadXml: Voice Invalid (C:\PRO-ATC-X\sound\pilots\newpilot001\_voiceinfo.xml)

Have you downloaded the 1.4 compatible voice set? Link can be found under the v1.4 forum. For some reason, the voice files didn't get transferred in the update package.

So here are the (current) minimum steps to update to 1.4:

1) Disable any firewall and antivirus (due to some users reporting issues, with these enabled)

2) Help > Check for update

3) Close ProATC

4) Download and install the v1.4 compatible voices.

5) Open ProATC under Options > Sounds and make sure, that the selected voices work

6) Import your latest Navdata

7) Align your scenery with Navdata

Make sure you do not skip any of these step, especially Step 7 as it contains a fix for "stuck frequencies/please confirm/ready to copy loops".

EDIT: If you have problems with getting stuck at clearance, see my install steps above. If it still doesn't work, please follow this link: http://www.pointsoft...hp?f=17&t=13878

---

Please report errors in the official forum. I only found this thread by accident.

Edited by firehawk44
Added an edit

does it have a button function (due to my speech impairment) ?

I am very interested in Pro ATC X as it promises to do everything I expect FSX ATC to do, but so far have not purchased it, because it's rather high priced and was reported to be very buggy (and unsupported for a while). I'd be very thankful if any you guys could tell me whether V1.4 really is a huge improvement!?

I don't mind if it has correct phraseology or not (couldn't tell the difference anyway), I just want it to perform the same tasks as default ATC, only better, i.e.  

- controlling user aircraft throughout all phases of flight (ramp, taxi, takeoff, flight, approach, arrival)

- being able to read and follow PFPX flight plans incl. SIDs and STARs

- controlling AI aircraft on ground and in-flight

- coordinating user and AI aircraft during departure and approach, i.e. getting me into an approach pattern, telling me how fast to go, etc.

- (optional): being able to read and react to ASN weather

As far as I know, PRO ATC X is supposed to do most of that, I'm just curious if it does actually succeed at doing it?

does it have a button function (due to my speech impairment) ?

Yes it does Patrick. It is a button controlled ATC program...

...and already, in the very first post I've read about an update, which has gone through the usual beta testing, I read about voice issues and getting stuck at clearance, which was one of the issues many faced in the previous version!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

...and already, in the very first post I've read about an update, which has gone through the usual beta testing, I read about voice issues and getting stuck at clearance, which was one of the issues many faced in the previous version!

Completely different problem that none of the team has had happen on their system.

You might be referring to this and it has been fixed. I personally have tested it on all routes I had problems with on the earlier version:

Make sure you do not skip any of these step, especially Step 7 as it contains a fix for "stuck frequencies/please confirm/ready to copy loops".

Think I'll wait for V1.5!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Hang on a min...

If I buy this version is it going to get patched very soon or is this "V2" really.

Also if buying new is there any steps to run thought like the patch steps above?

Can we DL a manual ?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

As far as I know, V1.4. is V2, they renamed it for some reason at the very last moment.

That is correct, v2 got to changed to 1.4 at the last moment. Maybe to reflect the fact, that this is a free update?

The manual can be accessed under the Help menu (if you already have 1.4 installed).

I'd be very thankful if any you guys could tell me whether V1.4 really is a huge improvement!?

Just watch this forum. You do not need to ask us to tell you. Or, are you trolling?

A quick update here as I was unable to edit my last post.

Edit made in your original post.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I really don't think he was "trolling" Jim. Just interested in peoples thoughts.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip