Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

PRO-ATC/X version 1.4 is out

Does anyone else have the problem of taxiing to the correct runway, contacting tower, only to be told you'll be called back....and then having a bunch of AI run through your plane, line up, get clearance from pro atc/x and then take off? I had to turn 'collision' off, because planes just bulldoze me over....

I have had this happen once while holding for take off clearance, the first two went through me like I wasn't there and the third waited behind me. I suspect its from AI aircraft loaded before PRO ATC was started and loaded.

I use UT2 so I started resetting the traffic after it loads and I have not had it happen again. Not sure if it really is whats happening or just haven't had it occur again. I don't fly with collision detection anyway

Brandon Gaumond

Hi Everyone, if you look back you will see that I had some major problems with PRO-ATC since November 2014, but with  the help of the developer Mourad over at Pointsoft these problems were ironed out and for the past 10 months I have been using the program without any major problem until last week when I can  no longer edit or start a new flight plan. It will allow me to load an existing flight plan which limits me. As soon as I press the new flight plan or edit button on the PRO-ATC taskbar my computer just freezes and the only way I can un-freeze it is tru the task manager, weird all the other buttons work fine. Can anyone help?

You should download and run AppCrashView (see Page 1, AVSIM CTD Guide) and post the results here.  If there are no entries, then check look at the Event Viewer to see if there's a module that is not working properly.  See page 2 on how to use the Event Viewer to find results of a freeze or crash.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Up to Beta 1.45 now, so yes it is a work in progress. I use it every flight (so 3 or 4 times a day) and 99.9% of the time it works perfectly, including HOLDS etc. If you need on the fly help, search out our FB group "ProATC X User's Group"

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Up to Beta 1.45 now,

I believe 1.4.4.2 is the latest and mostest.

cant find any beta readily available

al

Im using the new version today. I'll be doing LSGG LFMN LSGG LFKJ LSGG using the new LSGG scenery

Have a look at my twitch link.

14ppkc-6.png

Im using the new version today. 

Which one exactly is the new version, Pete?

Thanks.

1.4.4.2 is the one you will download i.e. the latest release. 1.4.4.5 is in beta and only available to testers.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Hello!

I watched a few videos about ProATCx, and I am very impressed. I think I will buy it asap.

What I want to know now is if proatcx has regional differences? For example the Transition level of about 60 in europe and 180 in the usa. Or handling of SID, STARs and transitions?

And how does it decide if you get vectors to final or a trans/star?

Thank you very much!

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

It's certainly better than what it was.

For example yesterday I attempted LSGG to LFMN and back.

the approach

into LFMN it got completely wrong,it took me off the star and gave me a heading to the centre fix over high terrain, the short story. I was too high with not enough distance to descend to make the 3000 by the centre fix. Then it told me to intercept the ils at 13000 feet.

Different story coming back to LSGG it made me follow the star then when I was about to do the final turn to SPR it gave me a vector and told me to you establish on the ils. Perfect

My issue is once it takes you off the star and starts giving you pointless vectors you can get it you want to do the full approach like in RC4

My other issue is runway selection. For example with the runway works in Lax at the moment I turned off 24r In the afcad and also in pro atc x.

My ai are landing on 24l but you guessed it pro atc x gave Me 24r even though I turned it off I'n the data section

14ppkc-6.png

It's certainly better than what it was.

For example yesterday I attempted LSGG to LFMN and back.

the approach

into LFMN it got completely wrong,it took me off the star and gave me a heading to the centre fix over high terrain, the short story. I was too high with not enough distance to descend to make the 3000 by the centre fix. Then it told me to intercept the ils at 13000 feet.

Different story coming back to LSGG it made me follow the star then when I was about to do the final turn to SPR it gave me a vector and told me to you establish on the ils. Perfect

My issue is once it takes you off the star and starts giving you pointless vectors you can get it you want to do the full approach like in RC4

My other issue is runway selection. For example with the runway works in Lax at the moment I turned off 24r In the afcad and also in pro atc x.

My ai are landing on 24l but you guessed it pro atc x gave Me 24r even though I turned it off I'n the data section

This sounds not so good :-(

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

the approach

into LFMN it got completely wrong,it took me off the star and gave me a heading to the centre fix over high terrain, the short story. I was too high with not enough distance to descend to make the 3000 by the centre fix.

Results with ProATC are highly dependent on the routes you use. I'm part of the beta team and LFMN is one of the airports I test on each version. I use real world routes that connect to a STAR that flies over the ocean. Then if I'm given an ILS approach, I always request for VOR approach to keep the approach interesting.

Before I started using real world routes, I once had a similar problem in LFMN, where I was vectored over high terrain, but not since. A good rule of thumb is: auto generated routes can cause problems. Real world routes give much better results.

This is a confimed bug in the 1.4.4.2 version. The current beta 1.4.4.5 doesn't vector you in loops.

Once you turned off 24R, did you run MakeRunways and Aligned Scenery in ProATC? After any scenery changes, you must re-run the "Align Scenery" in ProATC, otherwise ProATC doesn't know that things have changed in the scenery.

What I want to know now is if proatcx has regional differences? For example the Transition level of about 60 in europe and 180 in the usa. Or handling of SID, STARs and transitions?

ProATC has transition level support. Not only regional, but airport specific. This data is included in the AIRAC that can be updated from either Aerosoft or Navigraph.

Support for SIDs/STARs and transitions is included. Works best when flying in Europe, where SIDs/STARs are assigned dynamically based on weather. Works somewhat OK in the US if you can accept the fact that you might not get to fly the exact SID/STAR you had in your flight plan (if multiple connect to your en-route segment).

Thank you jarkko!

Now this sounds good to me :-)

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Thank you jarkko!

Now this sounds good to me :-)

Glad to help :) Just to manage expectations: there isn't an ATC program on the market that would work for everyone.

As you have the A2A Skylane in you signature, I must add, that GA aircraft and small airports are not supported by ProATC. Only bigger airports and commercial jets for best results.

I would advise that you "shop around" ATC programs and see which one is right for you. I personally have 4 different ATC programs on my system and all are suitable for different kind of flying.

Thank you for this hint!

I already watched around a little bit for atc progs... ProATC seems to have a good handling and user interface.

I know about the VFR thing, but this should be for my other beauty, the PMDG NGX :-)

In the future maybe I take VOXatc for my VFR flights.

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020