Sign in to follow this  
Berike

Captain Sim 777 Update 1.5 is OUT

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yay, I am looking forward to this:

- FPS Improved

Otherwise, currently its pretty much un-flyable in P3D for me.

Were you guys able to download the P3D installer? If so, could you upload some place else, my download always stops ~ 7.1mb

Thanks for the heads up. Going to give this a try tonight as I always found the FPS to be horrible on my computer. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the heads up. Going to give this a try tonight as I always found the FPS to be horrible on my computer. Hope this helps!

For me no change in FPS. Same 20 FPS on runway in an isolated airport. This one is not taking off, I am afraid :(

Just updated to Service Pack 1.5. No improvement in FPS and the ILS approach path problem reported for the CS777 does not seem to have been fixed, contrary to the release notes (early indications are that the localizer does not centralize correctly: always to the left of centre with EGLL runway 27R as a test case, with touchdown a good few feet to the right of the runway centreline - what might be considered in some quarters as an unsafe landing).

Overall verdict: disappointing. Unfortunately the low FPS render the model almost unusable and dare I say I am not in a position to spend megabucks on a new desktop PC to address this issue. I can't say that offerings from other vendors suffer such deficiencies both in terms of localizer capture and also in such low FPS.

Paul Hermon 

Just tried 1.5 in P3D at KLAX. (FSDT) 30% AI traffic, no weather. 13-15 FPS. 2600k@ 4.6, GTX770 4GB.

Interesting to read that you are similarly handicapped with a significantly more powerful machine that I can muster together! ~12FPS Aerosoft EGLL i7 875K @2.93GHz with 3.6Ghz Turbo Boost, GTX970 4GB.

Paul Hermon

Same here, getting ~20fps didn't see any FPS improvements.

Some bugs were fixed, EPS is working, opening radio panel on shift+2 menu is working.

ILS approach path, I usually land on SBGR and 90% the RWY09R is active, before no matter how hard I tried, it always landed on RWY09L, just tried and landed on RWY09R normally, seems to be fixed.

I'm flying CS 777 until PMDG release their 777 on P3D, looking forward for a CS 767

I' m still on a Phenom II X6 1100 @ 4ghz, 4gb RAM and a gtx570, and I never understood why people have FPS issues with CS777 or any of the other CS aircraft. Especially not if you are on a newer i5/i7.

BR

Anders

I' m still on a Phenom II X6 1100 @ 4ghz, 4gb RAM and a gtx570, and I never understood why people have FPS issues with CS777 or any of the other CS aircraft. Especially not if you are on a newer i5/i7.

BR

Anders

Anders, you must be using 2D panels. In VC, it's pathetic, although I have managed to improve it now.

I did not know that the CS777 comes with a 2D panel also? In KSEA it may drop below 15 FPS, but then in DX10 this is tolerable for shorter periods. Once above FL100, it returns to about 20-30 (locked at 30 fps) being smooth in DX10. In rubbish weather it may of cause drop again with the REX clouds I'm using, but this is GPU bottleneck, not CPU limited.

By the way, the rig is thoroughly tweaked according to Nick N's guide, and then adjusted to DX10.

BR

Anders

My FPS isn't great with the CS 777, but the v1.5 update did get me about 20% FPS improvement.  For reference the CS 777 FPS operates at the same level as it did with the PMDG 777 in FSX only more graphics features enabled in P3D V2.4.

Cheers, Rob.

I did not know that the CS777 comes with a 2D panel also? In KSEA it may drop below 15 FPS, but then in DX10 this is tolerable for shorter periods. Once above FL100, it returns to about 20-30 (locked at 30 fps) being smooth in DX10. In rubbish weather it may of cause drop again with the REX clouds I'm using, but this is GPU bottleneck, not CPU limited.

By the way, the rig is thoroughly tweaked according to Nick N's guide, and then adjusted to DX10.

BR

Anders

Ah, you are on FSX, I was talking about P3D.

My FPS isn't great with the CS 777, but the v1.5 update did get me about 20% FPS improvement.  For reference the CS 777 FPS operates at the same level as it did with the PMDG 777 in FSX only more graphics features enabled in P3D V2.4.

Cheers, Rob.

Can you check what's the max FPS you get in VC, maybe at an isolated airport?

I max out at 27FPS, and that with the panel file adjusted, 20 without adjustment. I did not see any improvement with 1.5 update, maybe I should try a fresh install.

Can you check what's the max FPS you get in VC, maybe at an isolated airport?

It's unlikely this is going to tell you much as I doubt our graphics settings and add-ons are identical and as you know one small settings change can make a significant difference in FPS.  I'm not doubting your own observations at all ... it's just I noted the relative difference on my system/setup was about 20% FPS improvement with v1.5.  

Cheers, Rob.

Made a quick video here at PACV (using Orbx PNW + Vector + FSGRW weather): 

FPS in the VC aren't spectacular but they aren't horrible ... and keep in mind I'm running 3840 x 2160 resolution and these are the graphics settings: http://www.robainscough.com/P3D_V2.php

I was actually just testing out short runway takeoff and manual landing 7500 ft at PACV, the 777-200 full loaded requires about 8500 ft ... I had full fuel but only 20% passenger/cargo loaded ... air density was being reported as 30.34 so some additional lift.

Cheers, Rob.

Thats a great video Rob - luv how the mist is dancing off the mountain valleys - well done

Rob has a habit of always making his points with some videos attached. Nice character trait. :smile:

FPS in the VC aren't spectacular but they aren't horrible ... and keep in mind I'm running 3840 x 2160 resolution and these are the graphics settings: http://www.robainscough.com/P3D_V2.php

I was actually just testing out short runway takeoff and manual landing 7500 ft at PACV, the 777-200 full loaded requires about 8500 ft ... I had full fuel but only 20% passenger/cargo loaded ... air density was being reported as 30.34 so some additional lift.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks for sharing, that gives me some reference. I don't have Orbx PNW, but FTX Global+FS Global with Opus weather, it churns about 20-21 in VC and 30 outside for my system.

I also did re-install of 1.4 and then upgrade to 1.5, it showed no FPS difference, so no luck for me there.

I'm facing the same problem here, I already uninstalled and installed the 1.5, and no FPS improvements at all, same thing here.

I'm facing the same problem here, I already uninstalled and installed the 1.5, and no FPS improvements at all, same thing here.

You can try the panel fix, maybe it helps you too.

Sign in to follow this