Sign in to follow this  
skidmarkz

Razbam metro III

Hello all,
I purchased the razbam metro III a couple of weeks ago and am having a heck of a time trying to figure out the paint kit for this aircraft. I've seen some really cool repaints so I know there are people who have some knowledge of working with it.
The problems I am having are related to the supplied locked psd file showing the fuselage in several "segments" rather than one continuous section. How do you line up stripes on the different segments without going back and forth guessing each time hoping that they line up? I created a new layer of the aft fuselage and placed it behind the forward fuselage and it is slightly off in size...it doesnt line up perfectly. Also how do you line up stripes on the transitions from the sides of the fuselage to the vertical stab for instance? I also am trying to put an airline logo on the left side above the windows but the psd is cut right in that area so in effect you have to put that logo on two different areas and line those up (hopefully) to form one logo. Another area is the nose of the aircraft getting the side stripes to line up (again) to where they connect such as the American Eagle metro. I'm working on three liveries that are really pretty basic; American Eagle, Lone Star, and Conquest Airlines but not having much luck. Also is there only the locked psd file included in the paint kit or was there supposed to be an unlocked psd file with different layers? I'm new to the aircraft repaint world in fsx so am I overthinking it and making it harder than it needs to be? Thanks for any tips or tricks!