Sign in to follow this  
Barthandelus

Assigning cams to aircraft

Hi guys,

Really at a loss here - I have created a few cameras in the Editor, and assigned aircraft types to them with the Assign Aircraft Types to the Camera button.

I then exited FSX and Opus, in order to create cams for a different plane.

With the idea of backing up in mind, i exported all these cams.

Thing is, Opus wont recognise the aircraft type when i load FSX - it always defaults to the Majestic Q400. I have gone through it all and i cant find why this is happening.

Also, after a reboot, Opus will no longer allow my to assign joystick buttons to cameras, even though nothing in FSX or FSUIPC is assigned. FSX sees my hardware fine.

Can anyone please help me out with this?

Thanks for your help.

Opus sees the aircraft type through SimConnect and any change or the initial aircraft loading will result in selecting and displaying the assigned Default camera view. Have you assigned one of your views for that aircraft as the Default by checking the Default box in the edit dialog.

Have you also assigned the required aircraft types in the edit dialog, you can confirm this after saving the cameras and going back into the edit dialog for the camera.

If opus selects a Q400 view for a different aircraft then that sounds like you haven't actually assigned only the Q400 type to that view as it would never be selected.

Opus does not read the joystick buttons directly it just responds to SimConnect button events received from the sim, so check and make sure the joystick is enabled and present in the device list within the sim.

You will see the button event recorded in the Spy window each time you press the button.

You should first double check by editing the camera views again and make sure the correct set of aircraft types have been assigned, you need to assign all relevant aircraft types. Then also confirm that the button is listed in the edit box.

Stephen :-)

You should also confirm whether you are using OpusFSX or OpusFSI as they are different. If still struggling you can email me your FSXSERVER.CAM file and I will look at your cameras when I return next week. For now just edit each camera in turn and double check you have ...

1. Actually assigned all the relevant aircraft types using the Assign button.

2. Declared your Default camera view for each aircraft type.

3. Assigned the correct button to the view.

Remember the same buttons can be used for the same VC views. For example, use the same button for all your Captain VC views.

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the reply. I am using the latest OpusFSI (bought earlier this morning).

Been through the Camera Editing window, and i have definitely assigned aircraft upon importing. Maybe this is down to not having a default camera. Seems ok now.

Also, its strange that OpusFSI doesnt recognise stick inputs for the PMDG 777, but seems to see them fine in the Q400. I can assign a keyboard shortcut for the cam in the 777, but the view doesnt move. Again, fine in the Q400.

Thanks again, i appreciate your help :)

Are you talking about button inputs or key inputs. Both are obtained as sim events via the SimConnect interface. Buttons are always reported in Spy window. Keys have to be requested and will be reported thereafter provided the key event is accepted and not processed elsewhere. Not all keys can be used as they will not generate events. Buttons should always generate an event in the Spy window, so check here. In there is no key event after assigning it then it cannot be used.

Perhaps some keys are intercepted by 777 software and therefore not available to generate events in the sim.

Getting further :)

Spy isnt showing anything at all, not even keyboard events. Until i hit escape and then End Flight (to return to the FSX initial screen). Then the keys i hit suddendly populate in Spy. Weird one, for sure.

Remember, only those keys that have been assigned within Opus will be registered through SimConnect and hence may generate events in Spy if they are accepted by the sim. On the other hand, Opus registers all buttons from the first six joysticks with the sim so will always receive button events. Key events may not be accepted when flying if they are used and processed within the sim or elsewhere.

I would first stick to buttons and as recommended use a few acceptable key events to cycle views.

Got it, thanks Steve.

Im using the num pad buttons now; makes more sense for foward, left, right views, etc. than arbitrary placed buttons on the stick.

Excellent software, and excellent support, its appreciated!