Sign in to follow this  
Petermuc3

Install on new PC

I want to install my Opus on a new PC. Not sure how to do this. I tried copying the Opus folders in to C drive and then installed the new beta, but the

key does not get recognized.

Thanks for the help

Peter

Peter

Win10/64/32,0GB, i9-9900KS@4.00GHz, Gigabyte 1080ti, P3Dv5.1

From our FAQs ...

Reinstalling Opus on a new or reformatted PC

If you have your licence and key files on drive C in the C:\Opus Software folder then download and run the OpusFSI Flight1 purchase file (or OpusFSX Flight1 purchase file) and choose the option to reinstall using the key file. If you purchased via credit card use the last four digits of the credit card as your password, otherwise use your order password (which is different to your login password). You can request your order password from Flight1 if you have forgotten it, you will have a different password for each Flight1 order.

If you have lost your licence and key files then download and run the OpusFSI Flight1 purchase file (or OpusFSX Flight1 purchase file) and choose the option to reinstall using your Flight1 account, you will need your email and order password (which is different to your login password). You can request your order password from Flight1 if you have forgotten it, there are different passwords for each Flight1 order. You can request your account password from Flight1 if you have forgotten it.

If you don't have a Flight1 account then you can create one and assign previous purchases to your account.

If you still can't reinstall then request a new key file from Flight1.

You may install the software onto any drive provided its folder name is OpusFSI (or OpusFSX) with the exception that you must not install OpusFSI (or OpusFSX) in the Opus Software, FSX, Prepar3D or Program Files folders, and don't install in more than one folder on your PC.

Stephen :-)

http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi/faq.htm#Reinstalling%20Opus%20on%20a%20new%20or%20reformatted%20PC