Sign in to follow this  
asanal

Triple NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 980 graphics with 12GB

I was looking at major Computer company's new "Gaming PC" configuration.

GPU:Triple NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 980 graphics with 12GB total GDDR5 (3x 4GB) GDDR5 -NVIDIA SLI® Enabled

1500 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply

CPU:Intel® Core™ i7-5960X (8-cores, 20MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.0 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)

Memory:32GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz

Hard Drive:512GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 4TB 6kRPM SATA 6Gb/s Storage

I wonder how will it effext FSX or P3D :unsure:

BTW other GPU choose option was:Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX™ Titan Z graphics with 24GB total (2x 12GB) GDDR5 - NVIDIA SLI® Enabled

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

WOW

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I can't say how P3D would deal with three graphics cards, however FSX just won't take advantage of them.  So if you're only using the rig for FSX, then it's an extra cost that won't plan out. 

Of course that looks like a great rocessor.  A year ago I built a new rig with a i7-4770K and after tuning it up I have to say that it runs FSX better than any other rig (I've used five different ones) I've built.   Since FSX is running so incredibly, I'm more than content!

By the way, I stream every flight and run quite a number of other programs on the same computer as FSX when I'm flying, and that i7-4770K is a TIGER!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I would think that once you enabled Nvidia surround video you will have a nice 3 monitor system. My system is several years old but it runs FSX just fine. If you take a look at my system specs, I have two GTX 460 running in SLI and surround enabled.

Good luck...

BTW I built my own system...this sounds like a pre-build...just make sure it's got good cooling! I have six fans running and my whole room gets hot, because it's keeping the motherboard and video cards cool.

I don't think any program makes use of sli until a profile is written for that particular program, and as a 32bit program, a lot of that impressive amount of memory will go to waste.

The processor might definitely help, though.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Fatback, I think around $5000 without -optionTitan Z graphics

Realewl, No it is not pre-build. Maybe AVSIM consider  "Product advertisement" I think it is not proper to give Manufacturer name.

Devon, I think, LM is working on use of sli program

Ahmet Sanal

My i7 4770k at 4.8ghz and GTX780 with 8gb of 2400mhz CL9 would smoke that piece of junk with FSX or V2.4. :LMAO:

Dave, I consider you are the lucky one. I have i7 3960 at 3.9 ghz and GTX690 16GB mem. In FSX with PMDG 777 is experincing low FPS and close to destinations possible OOM. 

Ahmet Sanal

For FSX and/or Prepar3d is GTX 980 enough. Why you all have to much money to spend even on a titan Z??

In my opinion at first I would build a system with 1 GTX 980 for Prepar3d.

When Prepar3d supports SLI with 2 or 3 Video Cards, then you can buy 1-2 new GTX 980.

Dave, I consider you are the lucky one. I have i7 3960 at 3.9 ghz and GTX690 16GB mem. In FSX with PMDG 777 is experincing low FPS and close to destinations possible OOM. 

You know, I think you should be able to get a lot better performance out of your system.  From what you're saying, my i7-960 was performing better - while streaming HD too) than what you're currently experiencing.

I'm sure there are some things we can help you to worked out, if you're willing.  First though, I'd ask that you run through the AVSIM Software Setup Guide.

If you're willing, I'd be happy to help you offline (Via PM, or better yet on my Group's Voice Server so we can talk in real time.  PM me and let me know.

Dave

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Dave, Thanks for your help offer. I will go through AVSIM Software Setup Guide. Will inform via PM.

NATK50, Thanks for your advise.

Ahmet Sanal

I thought video memory doesn't stack.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MOBO, RAM, CPU's & Other Hardware" to "Monitors, Video Cards and Drivers". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.