Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

BSODs driving me mad!

I installed and ran the Intel Driver utility. It recommended the mobo graphics be updated. That was the only thing it found.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I've just had this reply from GoFlight support...

Thanks for finding this. It appears that particular driver has not been recompiled. I'll look into it today and come back to you.

I maintain the Goflight driver code for Goflight, so technically you are talking to Goflight.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

If it just needs recompiling it could be a huge weight off my shoulders. Keeping my fingers crossed a new version solves the problem.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

GoFlight also suggested that as a short-term fix I could uninstall the GoFlight Virtual Keyboard utility. This has the effect that buttons programmed to actions in FSX not being recognised.

I did that and had a short hop from EGKK-EGCC. Everything went fine. I'm quite optimistic about this especially as Steve at GoFlight said the problem file could well cause BSODs.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Good to hear you might have a bearing on the issue.  Bloody annoying. MS couldve made this a whole lot easier by having more informative error logs and messages.  Not sure if windows 8 is any different or if the whole error process is handled differently. 

If anyone else comes across this thread for BSODs, this page might also prove useful.  Ray was using it and it outlines the verifier program and your drivers and also used in conjuction with windows debug to find the addresses its pointing to thus the drivers.  

http://gadgets.itwriting.com/748-fixing-a-windows-blue-screen-with-driver-verifier.html

Edited by HighTowers

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I'm afraid I spoke too soon. Had another BSOD this afternoon with a different message. Never had this one before.

BSOD2.jpg

In desperation I've posted on Microsoft's site. Steve at GoFlight thinks it's hardware related. I've run chkdsk on both SSDs and they're fine. Currently running MemTest86 which will take around 4 hours so will report back either tonight or tomorrow.

If memtest reports errors (which I'm praying it will) then it's an easy enough job to replace the sticks. These BSODs have only started in the last week. Apart from Windows updates hardly anything has changed.

If it's not the memory then I'll have to start unplugging GoFlight modules and adding them back one by one. can't see what else it could be. The crashes are so random and in 20+ years of having PCs devoted to FS I've never had things as bad as this.

Dave, I've just read that blog you linked to. I'll do the same and see if anything starting up from the Registry is causing the problem. Thanks for that.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I've had an answer from Microsoft with a link to a hotfix. Once my mail server is back on line I'll apply it and return here with good or bad news.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I only get BSODs when my system overheats. That happened about six weeks ago. I opened the casing and saw that

my cpu fan and cooler were totally covered in dust. Since then I got the dust out and have not had another BSOD.

I would agree that your problem looks like its hardware related.

Good Luck

James

Just a thought that passed my mind - even though it´s probably not an overclock issue - have you checked your system temps (dust might clog the heat spreaders, radiators etc)? Tried running the computer with Prime etc, to ensure it´s in fact stable?

Btw - regarding your last BSOD: 

http://www.solvusoft.com/en/files/bsod-blue-screen-error/sys/windows/microsoft/windows-7-home-premium/discache-sys/

James & Kristoffer,

Appreciate your comments. Pretty certain heat is not an issue as the room is only slightly heated and I live in NW England and it's November.

I've applied the patch from Microsoft. It relates to this KB article. If anyone has a clue what it means I'd love to know.

FSX is now running with the aircraft parked at Gatwick. I'll leave it for a couple of hours and then take it for a spin or two tomorrow. Fingers are very tightly crossed. :Praying:

This is what the Microsoft support staff posted on his reply. Does it mean anything to anyone?

STACK_COMMAND:  kb

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX:  2

SYMBOL_NAME:  srv2!Smb2FreeResponseBufferForAsyncCall+1c

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: srv2

IMAGE_NAME:  srv2.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  4dba2b0a

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x44_srv2!Smb2FreeResponseBufferForAsyncCall+1c

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x44_srv2!Smb2FreeResponseBufferForAsyncCall+1c

Followup: MachineOwner

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Good to hear you are slowly getting your problem fixed Ray. I'm surprised another BSOD with another Bugcheck code occurred. According to the techs at this link - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff558982(v=vs.85).aspx it is difficult to determine the exact cause of this issue. Hopefully the Hotfix will work. I have a feeling it has something to do with the communication process to your GoFlight hardware.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

It has been a very tiring week Jim. On that link (which I had seen earlier this week) my heart sank when I read "This is a tough bug to find...".

All I can do is hope the fix cures my PC of the most infuriating set of errors I've experienced in all my 20+ years of PC ownership. And they say W7 is a great OS. Crikey! Never had any of this with XP, WinMe, Win98, Win95 or 3.1.

Things are getting too complicated.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Crikey!

LOL! Is that inappropriate language Ray? Should I be warning you? Just kidding! I thought our last bout trying to figure out what in My Traffic X was causing our StackHash/NTDLL.dll errors was tough! But we (you mainly) got that solved and it has helped a lot of our members solving their problems. Get some rest! (Can't believe you had 92% humidity today and no rain!). Still not good golfing weather...

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

:Big Grin: Rest assured Jim you do not need to worry about crikey! Very old-fashioned word not often heard these days. Hence your concern! :BigGrin:

Ah yes, the MyTrafficX problem. That was pretty hard to fix but in the end it was reproducible and the info given to Burkhard helped him nail it. This has been much tougher with so many possibilities. I'm hoping Microsoft has solved it with the patch.

Just completed a hop from EGLL to EGCC. Still too early to be sure it's fixed. Flying has never been so nerve racking waiting for that blue screen.

Awful day yesterday. Fairly persistent rain and very gloomy. Typical November weather. I'm sure it's better where you are.Just passed midnight - hence no rain but it did yesterday..

Off to bed. More fun tomorrow. :Praying:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Couple more flights today. So far, so good. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

A 2 hour flight from Munich to Ibiza today. No problems. I'm becoming less of a quivering wreck with each completed flight.

The patch looks like it's fixed the problem. Microsoft taketh away and Microsoft giveth.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather