Sign in to follow this  
Jetblst

Best Textures FS9, not sure about FS9 Add Ons

Hey guys.

Just reverted back to FS9 for one of my favorite add ons.  This add on (ES Hawker 400XP) is modeled extremely well, as I RW fly it.

So as this model is an FS9 aircraft I find it just works better in FS9, so much so I wish to enhance FS9 the best way I can.

To that end.

I grabbed a copy Active Sky Evolution.  Wow.  Awesome.

I have been researching what other environments I can or should add next.

Would y'all be kind enough to give suggestions both payware and freeware, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!!

Respectfully,

Jet

Two other FS9 payware stalwarts are 

• GE Pro for ground textures (it interfaces nicely with Active Sky too)
  • Zinertek water textures

And beautiful freeware cloud textures (just add them on to AS) by Pablo Diaz, in the library here.

Happy flying! 

Great!! Thanks WingZ

In FSX I have had good experiences with UTX and GEX.  I assume GE Pro is the pre cursor to GEX?  Also is there a version of UTX for FS9.  

I really wasn't able to tell in my searches.  Thanks!

Respectfully,

Jet

There is indeed Ultimate Terrain for FS9 - however, given the miracles being worked right now by a few of our comrads, I'd suggest before you drop the money on GE Pro and the Ultimate Terrain packages that you look at the FS9 EVO 2.0 project and the FS9 OSM scenery - you may find it more to your liking. Or not. But you should definitely give it a peek.

Agree Sascha's work on Evo is great and it covers the world. 

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I'm also a big fan of Sascha's work.

Too much of a ninny to mess with my GE Pro install, I had always intended to build a new sim with Evo.

Good intentions but no time are the big enemy. 

I'm not prone to something so easy... :)

When I get the yen to Do New Stuff, I copy the entire sim over from my Last Favourite Install, and then go to work, rather like Edward Scissorhands.

The ehd product might be horrible, and then I throw the whole thing way.

On the other hand, it might be the Beez Kneez, then I throw away the Last Favourite Install.

Or not.

This is why there is a 2TB disk to support all the FS9 follies.

ya can't kill it. Fs9. Amazes me constantly

Yeah...

I had an email discussion with Sasha about EVO.  I had NO idea they looked that good.  I think I am going to donate, a good amount as this looks amazing.  Thank you SO much for the screenies Jon_aus!!  Helps with the decision big time.

ya can't kill it. Fs9. Amazes me constantly
Yeah...

Ya no kiddn.  I really had no idea FS9 could look so good in reality.  

Respectfully,

Jet

There is indeed Ultimate Terrain for FS9 - however, given the miracles being worked right now by a few of our comrads, I'd suggest before you drop the money on GE Pro and the Ultimate Terrain packages that you look at the FS9 EVO 2.0 project and the FS9 OSM scenery - you may find it more to your liking. Or not. But you should definitely give it a peek.

FS9 OSM Scenery?  On google searches all I found was FSDevoloper stuff.  Which was fascinating but too involved for what I want to do.  Is there a plug and play type link you might know of?  Thanks Math.

Respectfully,

Jet

FS9 OSM Scenery?

Search "OSM" right here in the AVSIM library.   B)

Would y'all be kind enough to give suggestions both payware and freeware, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!!

Don't forget Zinerteck's airport environment upgrade (enhancing default airport building's etc).

REX for FS9 (this is a must have).... 

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/fs9.html

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I had the Zinertek package installed but I found I liked Chris Arrington's Airport Environment Upgrade better. It's also free. He's got a Night Environment Upgrade as well.

I will be looking at those when I get back in.  Check out these guys.  This is with ASEvolution.  FS9 Evolution. ISG1 Gauges for the Smith's FMS, This very closely models the Collins 5000 FMS I fly RW.  Then Eaglesofts Hawker 400XP.

Can hardly believe this is FS9.

What is really cool, is I have my FPS locked in game and internally at 30.  No stutters, full sliders, smooth, and I mean smooth.  Better than FSX with DX10 preview and SteveFX.  My rig is not new but it's not a slouch either.  Not to mention my humble little Nvidia GS450 to boot!  

Cropped1_zpsb49dcf5f.png

Cropped2_zpse05f3de4.png

Cropped3_zpsd16b996d.png

Cropped5_zps3378ebed.png

Cropped6_zps85c9da55.png

Cropped7_zps2a9fcb6d.png

This really underscores Sascha's work BIGTIME.  This is on 26R at KATL about a 3 mile final.  Look at the detail in the buildings.  

The Biggest thing I noticed was a slight uptake in performance once I had FS9 Evolution installed.  Absolutely no hit.  This is with the FULL light package too, as well as all the updates.  Very nice indeed.

Cropped8_zps67f4d23a.png

If you want to do some comparing.  Go to FS9.  Take off on RNWY 7.  Head south to Covington GA either 9A1 or KCVC however it is in your system.  Then head west to KATL then compare the scenery.

I also did some flying down in the Caribbean.  Very nice.  His water textures are just about as good as FSX.  

I really don't see myself getting back to FSX any time soon.

Respectfully,

Jet