Sign in to follow this  
Jetblst

Best Textures FS9, not sure about FS9 Add Ons

Nice shots.  I think I saw a few members mention Zinertek water.  I'd also recommend you check out Real H2O V2.  I find their animations to be the least distracting/pulsing and the water has a great feel of depth to it.  I also have Zinertek and it looks flat by comparison (IMO).

Found a vid of it on youtube.  The coral reef is outstanding.

I had the Zinertek package installed but I found I liked Chris Arrington's Airport Environment Upgrade better. It's also free. He's got a Night Environment Upgrade as well.

I actually user Chris's version in my sim but it's been so long since I installed it I suggested the next best thing.  You are correct Chris's effort is the best.

Can hardly believe this is FS9.

Would love to see how you would like Flight1's Ground Environment and how it compares to the freeware ground effort your using.  I've only used GE v2 for years and it has been amazing.  Just a suggestion to get the most out of your setup.  Maybe the freeware one is better I wouldn't know but for the sake of you getting back in the game GE is worth a try. 

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Jet, have you tried the 3D lights? Can't see them in the night time shots.

I don't know if you use enbseries or sweetfx but if you don't I recommend trying either, you'll not be disappointed - so many options to tune bloom and colour you can get almost any look, even some Raleigh scattering!

Cheers,

Sascha

Here is a first preview screenshot of Evo 2.5 i've bee buy on:

Evo_2.5_1.jpg

Cheers,

Sascha

No disrespect to anyone or their efforts...

Although I've been using GE Pro 2 for years I've come to the very recent conclusion that the freeware BlueSphere, available here in the library, perhaps provides to my eyes and remembrance the most accurate, natural view as seem from a pilot's perspective at altitude.

Comparisons to default at :-

http://members.chello.nl/g.kranenbarg/gwkhome/BlueSphere.htm

Nice to see its all working for you. :)

Ya! Thanks Jon

Nice shots. I think I saw a few members mention Zinertek water. I'd also recommend you check out Real H2O V2. I find their animations to be the least distracting/pulsing and the water has a great feel of depth to it. I also have Zinertek and it looks flat by comparison (IMO).

Found a vid of it on youtube. The coral reef is outstanding.

Wow that looks like a mus have! Very hard to believe this is FS9! Im down here livn the dream in kpbi (rw) looking forward to this when I get back to katl

I don't know if you use enbseries or sweetfx but if you don't I recommend trying either, you'll not be disappointed - so many options to tune bloom and colour you can get almost any look, even some Raleigh scattering!

Cheers,

Sascha

Cheers,

Sascha

Ya! Thanks Jon

Wow that looks like a mus have! Very hard to believe this is FS9! Im down here livn the dream in kpbi (rw) looking forward to this when I get back to katl

Ya! Thanks Jon

Respectfully,

Jet

Different strokes, different setups -  of course, nothing can touch a decent photoreal scenery...

ckpq.jpg

I said: "Decent"  :) 

That's a big qualifier, and that means serious autogen work, tonal matching, etc etc.

France VFR generally have cracked that one.

Nice shots above BTW, I also like the slightly less saturated look in my sim.

Did you say V2.5?

What do you mean 2.5 Sascha?!!

I will release next update soon but it is not as advanced towards release v3 as I'd like :)!

natural view as seem from a pilot's perspective at altitude.

This is what Evo looks like from altitude EDDF_12.jpg

My look is vastly different from Sascha's in that I use sweetfx with a gently bloom adjustment

I also use ENB to change the look depending on my mood at the time - this is why I recommended ENB or sweetFX to Jet! You can get anything from a very bright sunny look as in my Evo 2.5 screenshot (in which I was trying to capture a very specific mood I saw in Scotland a couple of weeks ago) to a very bleached look as in Jon's screenshots. The Evo 2.5 screenshot as per my usual ENB settings tuned towards a blue horizon would look like this:Evo_2.5_4.jpg

Of course the look also depends on wether you use ASN as I do and if you have default haze layer on (I don't) and your weather situation. I also limit my visibility to 30 miles in ASN and FSUIPC.

Cheers,

Sascha

....and that is one of the reasons why I removed it from my machine.  I do not have either ENB or sweetFX and the textures do not look anything like they did when installed on my computer.  They just weren't as "realistic" as the screenshots depicted.

I have always recommended giving us "unaltered" screenshots to judge by.  That way we can compare "apples to apples".

Just say'n

....and that is one of the reasons why I removed it from my machine.  I do not have either ENB or sweetFX and the textures do not look anything like they did when installed on my computer.  They just weren't as "realistic" as the screenshots depicted.

I have always recommended giving us "unaltered" screenshots to judge by.  That way we can compare "apples to apples".

Just say'n

That's interesting because I can't use FS9 without Bloom/SweetFX.  The look of the sim is so much more rich.  Prepare3Dv2 uses a bloom effect by default which is a testimate to what this effect brings to the sim.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I have always recommended giving us "unaltered" screenshots to judge by. That way we can compare "apples to apples".

Glenn, using FS9 without either ENB or sweetFX is not giving the sim the chance to strut its stuff! While I understand that some of you guys will not use ENB on older machines because it does lose you some fps, I don't understand why those without fps issues won't.

In particular I don't understand you criticising Evo as not looking as good as the screenshots and then not using ENB to get it to look like that.

The screenshots I post are all unaltered from my sim. I have an old computer (Vista) and still use an Nvidia 9800GT graphics card, so almost everyone who invests a bit of time can get their FS9 to look good as I did.

I could understand you getting rid of Evo if you don't like the look, but saying it does not look as realistic as in the screenshots and not trying out ENB to get it to look as realistic if you liked the screenshots I do not understand, especially as ENB or sweetFX are not particularly complicated to use and totally easy to install (just drop a couple of files into your fs and fiddle a few settings in an ini file).

As for myself, I don't see the point in posting screenshots don't show my setup in top form. My screenshots are meant to show what can be done with FS9 even today.

Regards,

Sascha

Glenn, using FS9 without either ENB or sweetFX is not giving the sim the chance to strut its stuff!While I understand that some of you guys will not use ENB on older machines because it does lose you some fps, I don't understand why those without fps issues won't.

Hi Sascha,

Thought I'd chime in since I have a love/hate relationship with these bloom add ons.

There are times when I would fly for a few months with SweetFX or ENB, then I'd take them out and fly another few months without.

I think there are many variables which determines whether or not bloom is right for you.

I fly on a 60" plasma with all room lights turned off.  So even with the lowest bloom settings, the brightness/intensity can be too much on a large screen (my display is calibrated).  There were times I felt like taking out the sunglasses and putting them on while flying with ENB.

The settings I used on my old 47" is way too intense on the 60".  So I think screen size, ambient room lighting, preference all play a role.  A display that features very high contrast ratio will make FS9 (no bloom) look great from dark to bright, while those with much lower contrast ratios make the sim look dull and washed out.

I have always recommended giving us "unaltered" screenshots to judge by.

Agreed ... however, where commercial considerations are concerned, at the very least the screenshots should be labeled with the variances from default so the viewer can make an honest assessment. 

I think there are many variables which determines whether or not bloom is right for you.

I agree totally, I just don't understand that guys will say my screenshots look good but don't want to set up my addon to look like the screenshots.

Agreed ... however, where commercial considerations are concerned, at the very least the screenshots should be labeled with the variances from default so the viewer can make an honest assessment. 

Agreed ... so I have updated my latest release announcement, although I have posted this information so often in various threads so I do not feel that I have been withholding this information deliberately :huh:

Cheers,

Sascha