Sign in to follow this  
AZWildk4t

FS2CREW Disappointing

I've been using FS2CREW for the PMDG B737 NGX for some time now and love it. The only issue is the conflict it has with GSX (FSDreamTeam). Naturally I was excited that FS2CREW had a product for my newly purchased Majestic Dash8-Q400. However, compared to the PMDG 737 version, this is a very disappointing product. The voice commands for below the line or at the line are difficult. Most of the commands are not executed and I have to manually do them myself, which is rather difficult while trying to fly the plane, respond to ATC on Vatsim, etc. 

Without some serious revisions to voice control, I would recommend you hold off on this product and do it yourself.

Bummer.  I was planning on getting this for the Dash8.

I've recently got into the NGX and T7 voice versions.....they are awesome products.

Oh well - I will sit back and see where this topic goes......

Hirdy

I've been using FS2CREW for the PMDG B737 NGX for some time now and love it. The only issue is the conflict it has with GSX (FSDreamTeam). Naturally I was excited that FS2CREW had a product for my newly purchased Majestic Dash8-Q400. However, compared to the PMDG 737 version, this is a very disappointing product. The voice commands for below the line or at the line are difficult. Most of the commands are not executed and I have to manually do them myself, which is rather difficult while trying to fly the plane, respond to ATC on Vatsim, etc. 

Without some serious revisions to voice control, I would recommend you hold off on this product and do it yourself.

I have fs2crew for the 737ngx as well, but did not get it for the dash 8. Based on your description though I am wondering if you may benefit from running your computer's voice recognition training a few more times? Or are the commands being heard just fine and the the program just refuses to flip the switches? 

Aww, sometimes I feel the same way about our old procedures... I tell you what- if you want I can skype with you next week and explain what it all means and how this "line" stuff worked, live, with the program right in front of you. It makes sense tailored to the particular airline I was at, and may not be universally useful at every other airline.

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

no issues here using  the fscrew2  with the q400 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks guys for the responses...

Kuragiman - The couati.exe shuts down and the menu and any payware airports disappear leaving only the jetways. 

Red259 - the voice recognition is the same as the PMDG. The problem is there are commands for '... at the line' and ones for '... in the line'. The voice recognition doesn't pick them up very well. I've also found that most of the checklist items need to be done by the PIC so why pay for a product that uses a lazy FO.

Brendan - any help to understand the 'line' stuff would be helpful. The aircraft is really awesome but FS2Crew doesn't seem to play well with it - like the PMDG 737.

Kuragiman - The couati.exe shuts down and the menu and any payware airports disappear leaving only the jetways.

Than you need to download the latest addon manager  from fsdt   than install it  should fix your issue with the couti exe.

Its all in the fscrew2 manual on how it works

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The only issue is the conflict it has with GSX (FSDreamTeam).

There is no conflict with GSX.  

This product has been very well reviewed and it has a large user base.  

Please re-run the voice training and follow the tutorial to the letter.

It uses the same system as the NGX and 777, so your results will be identical assuming you're following the tutorial and saying the right things.

"without some serious revisions to voice control, I would recommend you hold off on this product and do it yourself"

Whatever your name is, You recommend to the flight sim community here we avoid this product without even seeking support from Bryan first? you know, just in case there is a slight chance you haven't configured it correctly?

I dont have any problems with GSX and Fs2crew either 

ZORAN

I'm here to help! I just fly a lot and have a very involved music career as well as being in a weird time zone. The Q400, like any advanced turboprop (PMDG JS41 for example) has detailed "flows" that must involve both pilots. That's just how it works- namely on the after start, after landing, and to some extent the before takeoff flow. Yes, this is how we did it in real life, and FS2crew replicates the workload quite well. After a day flying in the weather, congested airspace, 4 legs- I was tired. 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity