Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

Checklist timing restrictions?

Hi Bryan,

I hope that I am not too late to get fixes to V1.1!

My query is about at what stage am I allowed to call a checklist, Too early and perhaps nothing will happen, and may confuse FS2Crew.

On my last flight into CYVR, I feel that I called the Approach Briefing too early and got no response. On calling it several more times, I then received multiple Approach Briefings. Is there any way for you to prevent duplicates from playing?

Also, at one point I closed FS2Crew because I had got stuck with a blank FS2Crew window and could not get rid of it. Then, when restarted, I clicked forward to the Approach Checklist, but several FO and PA recordings were then playing at once.

I feel that, once I have got the hang of FS2Crew usage better, I will not have these problems, but:

1. is there a mechanism in the code which prevents premature activation that we should be aware of?
  2. is there a way of getting rid of a blank FS2Crew window other than stopping and restarting FS2Crew?
  3. is there a way to prevent multiple invocations of a single checklist call?

Looking forward to V1.1 very much

Kind regards, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Hi Richard,

The Key is to be in the right "Mode".

What mode are you in?  Just look at the FS2Crew Main Panel.

For example, for the Approach Checklist to work, the mode would need to say "Approach".

This generally prevents you from saying things to early/ too late.

And assuming you're following the tutorial, the mode will auto change for you to the next mode when appropriate.

Until you master the software, I suggest keeping the FS2Crew Window open so you know where you're at.

Other questions:

1. Blank FS2Crew Window... Not sure I follow.  Which window exactly is blank?

2. Prevent multiple invocations of the single checklist...  Yes, code is there for that.  

FS2Crew is actually very easy... the trick is just to keep an eye on the FS2Crew Main Panel so you know where you are.

Hi Bryan,

The window that I could not close was the ECL. When I click itt to minimise it back to the VC, it just pops back in large mode.

I am not sure what I had done to get into this state, but the enlarged ECL obscured some of the other instruments whilst on approach.

HTH

Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

The window that I could not close was the ECL. When I click itt to minimise it back to the VC, it just pops back in large mode.

If you're following the tutorial, everything should go smooth.

I don't think you're following the checklist properly.

Please print out the Tutorial Flight and follow it to the letter.

However, in V1.1 I've added a button to force the ECL panel to the closed state as a safety backup.

Many thanks, Bryan

Cheers, Richard

Richard, I too used to have that, but then discovered if I click in a blank space on the ECL, it closes that large window.

Hi Rick,

In my case, clicking the blank black window with the '-' cursor just minimized it back to the dashboard, but it then immediately opened again.

Shalln't be flying again until Wednesday, so can't replicate immediately.

Thanks for your feedback,

Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Richard

I'm a bit nonplussed here. You mention a cursor '-'. But all I see when I move my mouse over the ECL is + or -. Right click enlarges it, left click closes it.

Hi Rick,

Yes, I was referring to the - when mousing over the ECL panel. Clicking the - closes the window but it immediately reopened.

HTH

Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Richard

I don't get that. Left-click closes it and it stays put. However, I do see the FO bringing it to the front when running through the ECL call-outs and he then closes it himself.

Stumped what else it can be. Bryan the Wizard of FS2Crew might have an answer,perhaps?

FS2Crew forces the ECL panel open when the FO is using the ECL.

The reason - If you switch camera views the ECL pop-up panel will otherwise automatically close due to the way FSX works, just like any other 2D panel window.

The solution - Print out the tutorial and make sure you're saying the right things.

If the ECL is not auto closing, it's because you're not answering the last item in the checklist challenge.

In V.1., we've added an option to force the ECL pop-up to close should you require it, but assuming you follow the manual, you should never require it.

Best,