Sign in to follow this  
stevecurran13

Carenado CT182T Skylane G1000 HD Series compatibility with P3D v2.4

Hi All,

Thinking about purchasing Carenado's CT182T Skylane G1000 HD Series for use in P3D v2.4. It only specifies on the Carenado website that it works with Prepar3D but not which version. Also, in the FlightSimStore it says compatibility with P3D v1:

Compatibility: FSX, Prepar3D v1

http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?currency=EUR&products_id=2179&osCsid=if9je5jbvc0hrr92g2uimkcu81

Anyone know if it will work in v2.4?

Thanks,

Steve

Works fine on my P3D v2.4. One of the issue of this addon is the G1000 which is often, depending on your setup and hardware, FPS consuming*.

* same with Carenado Cirrus.

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Works fine on my P3D v2.4. One of the issue of this addon is the G1000 which is often, depending on your setup and hardware, FPS consuming*.

* same with Carenado Cirrus.

I'm running a GTX 780 and i7 4790k @ stock speeds on a 2560x1440 monitor. With stormy/rainy weather at default Heathrow and the Majestic Q400, I manage a rock solid 30fps. Do you think it would be any more of an fps hit than the Q400?

You may be after a G1000 equipped T182, but if you can live with a sixpack (and no turbo) I'd wait for this ;-)

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=42810

Yeah, to be honest it looks amazing but the G1000 is drawing me in! :) Will you be able to select the G1000/turbo varient as an option or future update do you think?

I've just heard of issues with people running some aircraft in P3D that are supposedly designed to work in it, so said I'd double check first.

The interactive checklists are also an awesome feature in the Carenado version.

Steve

I'm running a GTX 780 and i7 4790k @ stock speeds on a 2560x1440 monitor. With stormy/rainy weather at default Heathrow and the Majestic Q400, I manage a rock solid 30fps. Do you think it would be any more of an fps hit than the Q400?

Your rig sounds rock solid but I won't assure you that an addon works fine because it so much depending on some much parameters. All that I know is that a lot of people (included myself) are claiming the G1000 is really too much fps killer. Worst is that it's only a cosmetic G1000 a little more closer than the old default (and funny) FSx G1000 but don't expect a replica of a C182 G1000 avionic.

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

There is ofcourse the Flight1 T182T with an excellent G1000. Because of EULA it's not compatible with Prepar3D. I have read Jim Rhoads, the main man at Flight1, dropping a hint though this may change. So maybe there'll be a Flight1 T182T for Prepar3D. Expect different pricing from FSX though.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Ok, so I have taken the plunge and bought the Carenado CT182T. It looks absolutely superb - the 4k resolution textures are fantastic on a 2560x1440 display and it really looks rather substantial sitting on the runway with the exhaust rattling compared to a standard 172.

FPS has taken quite a large hit though, sometimes as high as 30%!! I loaded up default Heathrow and chose the Fair weather preset. I can easily manage 30fps locked with stormy weather here in the Majestic Q400. However, in the 182 I was getting around 25-26 in the air and if I looked out the side window it would plummet to about 20-21fps. Not really acceptable in my opinion (especially seeing as I'm running a GTX 780 and an i7 4790k in P3D) but I won't be flying much around EGLL to be honest - so this is almost a worst case scenario.

Hopefully the fps doesn't drop too much more when I start adding FTX Global, ASN and REX Texture Direct, etc.

Just some insight into performance anyway.

I'm thinking of picking up the Carenado.

I own the A2A 172, I see they just released trhe 182 again with the most basic of GPS's that you never see in real life flying.

I'm not worried about the FPS hit, if any, as I have a decent enough rig. Maybe if Flight1 gest it for the P3D, we'll see...

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

The Carenado CT182T w/G1000 is nothing close to as efficient as the Q400 (much of the heavy coding was done outside of FSX). The Carenado G1000 was not as efficient or as capable as the FSX default G1000 in the C172.

It is a looker, but not very capable and certainly not very efficient.

I wrote the Avsim review. Check it out.

I also recommend you look closer at the Flight1 G1000 CT182T. But, the new A2A C182T (non turbo) with steam gauges may be the best C182 of the batch.

You have to choose Glass or Steam though.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .