Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

which aircraft? Can't decide

Milviz 737-200

Quality Wings 146 or 757

I'm torn between all three. They all have an appeal. 

I'm somewhat interested in the 732 because of no FMC, old school is interesting..

but...??

sell me/un-sell me.

Ciao!

I bought the Milviz for P3D I don't use the FMC version, so its vor-vor etc, like you said "old school"

I love it, why.

FPS are amazing, look good, not the best but OK.

Descending and hitting FL10 @ 250 and hitting high of ILS approach is all good fun.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

From those three, I only own the BAe146/Avroliners, an amazing variety of types and variants, real value for money. The BAe146s could be flown without their FMC, as well, the Avroliners ... not so much.

For old school, I'd rule out the B757, but the final decision between the B732 and the BAe146 is your call.

I fly in the US more than the UK and I like to keep it real. The 146/Avro isn't used here in the states at least non that I could find.

The 732 not so much either. It would make for a nice cargo hauler.

The 757 would be great as well.. OY.. 

I see you can't beat the price of the 757, what a bargain for only $25!

Ciao!

I only fly the FEDX version for the reason Brian said

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

MV B732 offers FMS with navigraph (or default FSX data), AND the older Sperry for basic navigation - the CWS mode works quite well. I use it in P3D for the navigraph support

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

QW757 is really good and excellent value for money but a bit over-simplified, to the point of feeling somewhat dumbed down. Still, I like it, so many variants, great sounds, flies nicely. Lots of positives, but in some cases you have to jump to 2D panels for some features and I prefer to have everything in the VC, so a slightly flawed product. I think QW has addressed this and really appears to have hit their stride on newer products though I don't have the 146 yet.

MV732 is fantastic and very detailed VC and incredible lighting. Passenger and cargo variants and optional gravel kit and FMS/autopilot options. Only downside I can think of is the paint kit is apparently crazy complicated so not many repaints available.

Barry Friedman

oh, what a bummer having to jump to 2D panels.. I like all of 'stuff' in the VC as well.

Well ... more stuff to ponder about.

Ciao!

I own all three Brian.   Of the 3, the 757 is quite a considerably older development and personally, I'd say that QW improved a lot between the 757 and the 146/Avros.

I love the Avros but as I tend to fly real world routes, they are becomming a bit rare (Malmo Aviation, CityJet, and Atlantic Airways all fly them, but all in Europe.   No US scheduled operators).

So although I would put the 146/Avros ahead of the MV 732, just by a little ... I think for your needs, the MV 732 is perhaps the best choice.

It's not the best 737 around and in my opinion it's not the best MV product, but it is good value, and offers plenty options (early VOR-VOR flying, FMC retrofit style, more modern SP177 AP, Pax and Cargo, etc.

I'd say get the MV 732 and get yourself up to Alaska for some shiftin'     :smile: