Sign in to follow this  
alhefner

Thinking about getting the full FSUIPC but...

I have FS Commander so, I do have some FSUIPC installed so that can communicate and I've been considering getting the full paid version of FSUIPC for better control/calibration and use of my yoke and pedals.

If I do get the full version, will I have to go through an uninstall procedure of what FS Commander put in when I installed that?

FSC would have installed an earlier version of FSUIPC4.dll into your Modules folder.

You should download and install the latest FSUIPC4 replacing that earlier version. No need to uninstall anything.

Then you can buy the full licence and register it. Make sure you keep up-to-date with updates as the software doesn't check.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

And Pete always let's us (the flight industry) know when there are updates for FSUIPC on both FS9 and FSX, etc. For the small one-off sum to purchase it, it is well worth it.

Sauviat

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

I thought of getting it for LINDA (great fun fo mapping some difficult things to the stick) but the price really stopped me. 29 is a little bit over the top. 20 bucks would be just fine.

It's the all-time best seller on SimMarket. can so many people be wrong? Swiss Army knife of Flight sim. :BigGrin:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

It's the best value 29 you will spend

I got my fsx version in 2006.

29 is a little bit over the top

So rather than spend 29 dollars you would rather remap your controls when you change aircraft ?

It's the best 100 dollars you'll ever spend on your simulator. Even better, given the 100 will only cost you 30.

This is pretty much a no-brainer. As much as FSUPIC (and more importantly, Pete Dowson) has contributed to this community, think of it as a pledge, a donation, whatever, with bunches of functionality. No brainer!

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

I thought of getting it for LINDA (great fun fo mapping some difficult things to the stick) but the price really stopped me. 29 is a little bit over the top. 20 bucks would be just fine.

FSUIPC is the one piece of software that changed the way Flight Sims work. Without it (& Peter Dowson) much of what is taken for granted today simply wouldn't be possible. Unfortunately, far too many people seem to be unaware of this fact.

Buy the product & give Pete a small return for the incredible amount that he has done for us down the years. Consider it a gift, a donation, a "thank you for everything that you have single handedly done for Flight Simming", but just do it!!

One other thing. If you have a spare PC then consider buying WideFS too so you can move some FS software (like Active Sky Next) off your FSX PC.

This will take some strain off that machine. FSUIPC + WideFS is bundled for a decent discount.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

+1 on WideFS.

WideFS also gives you the ability to create a 288 button controller using its buttonscreen function.

You just never get to the bottom of Peter Dowson's stuff!

Echo of what has already been said. The full FSUIPC is so robust that half of it I have not even used to its full potential. And yet it is still some of the best mobey I have spent on an FSX addon.

FSUIPC4 (registered) is the FSX user's "power tool"!

For, me it is essential to enable be to sit back, push switches on my Sairek dual throttle quads

and go from cold & dark to in the air, gear and flaps up, lights set, etc...additional 2D pop-ups

toggled. All without toiching the mouse or keyboard! All for the price of 3 movies or 6 to 8

Starbucks (gag) coffees!

Paul

Wide-5.jpg

if you think it's not worth the price then don't buy - the price isn't going to change to meet your budget.