Sign in to follow this  
alhefner

Thinking about getting the full FSUIPC but...

I'm convinced... I'll be getting the full version of FSUIPC soon. It seems that setup might be a little 'involved' but it also sounds like it's very much worth the price and effort. Thanks folks!

Oh, yes and get WideFS as a bundle while you're at it.

Pete is very much a living person and will respond to your questions, but be sure to read through all his documentation first of all, because if the answer to your question is in there, he will tell you to go there - in his likable forthright habit!

Regards

Sauviat

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Oh, yes and get WideFS as a bundle while you're at it.

Regards

Sauviat

I see that the wideFS 'server' is part of FSUIPC now. I don't have my computer networked to any other machine and don't plan on doing so. Since there is no networking going on, is there some functionality that the wideFS client would provide?

I would recommend getting WideFS as part of the bundle. 

If do you do find a need for WideFS then it will have been less expensive as part of the bundle.  No discount of offered to owners of FSUIPC if you decide to buy it later.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Since there is no networking going on, is there some functionality that the wideFS client would provide?

None whatsoever. Save your money.

READ THE MANUAL!!!  ;-)

There is so much info there. Makes Fight Sim a whole new baby.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Well, I got it. Still just using the basic controller calibration and assignment functions for now until I get more used to it.

Great, enjoy. Read the manuals & play with it. They have a very good forum as well.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

FSUIPC is the best addon for controlling FSX in my opinion.

One tip if you want one, is to name your controllers in FSUIPC, it's explained in the manual how to do it. Then whenever you unplug stuff the program remembers all your button allocations on your Yoke, Throttles and pedals etc.

Set up a profile for each aircraft in your hanger, then your free to set up buttons and throttle allocations to your hearts content. Globally over all aircraft or just for that profile.

It really is that flexible.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Yeah, when I get more used to actually flying, I'll set up profiles for different aircraft. Right now, I still have trouble remembering what global settings I have! It's like, "I know I set up a button for the lights! Where is it?" :lol:

Yup, it is a lot of fun.. What I did, & a few of the guys at our virtual club did, was to plug in a second keyboard, re-assign keys in groups & colour re-label the keys. This duplicates the main keyboard (laptop in our case) but it does increase the realism settings.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

FSUIPC is the best bit of software for FSX you will ever buy..............

Brian.

Yeah, when I get more used to actually flying, I'll set up profiles for different aircraft. Right now, I still have trouble remembering what global settings I have! It's like, "I know I set up a button for the lights! Where is it?" :lol:

My setup using FSUIPC4 makes use of one of the 'user defined offsets' as a

'mode' indicator so that I can have multiple assignments on each of my Saitek

dual throttle quads as well as other controllers I have connected. In some aircraft,

like the A2A Accu-Sim B-17G, I have up to 9 'modes'. That is 9 assignments for

each switch.

To help my memory as to what the current assignments are I have a Lua script

for each aircraft that displays the currnet 'mode' assignments for a few seconds

(settable) in a small Lua window.

When I change modes, the script is activated. I have 2 switches assigned to

increment and, decrement the 'mode'.  If I forget what the assignments are for

the current 'mode' I simply hit the INC then DEC switches to trigger the display.

In a case such as yours, you could assign a keystroke to trigger a Lua script.

Here is an example of my B-17G script. The display is 'formatted' to display two

lines that represent 5 double-throw switches on my throttle quads.

-- B-17G Control Set display routine
--
--
function dispCS(offs, val)

ipc.setdisplay(770, 50, 500, 100)

conset=val

if val == 0 then

ipc.display("FUEL VALVE 1 _ 2 _ 3 _ 4 _ CTL LOCK OFF\nFUEL PUMP  1 _ 2 _ 3 _ 4 _ CTL LOCK ON\nControl Set = "..conset, 10)

end

if val == 1 then

ipc.display("START  1 _ 2 _ 3 _ 4 _CLEAR\nMESH   1 _ 2 _ 3 _ 4 _PRIMER \nControl Set = "..conset, 10)

end

if val == 2 then

ipc.display("MAGNETO INC 1 _ 2 _ 3 _ 4 _ INVERTER ON\nMAGNETO DEC 1 _ 2 _ 3 _ 4 _ INVERTER OFF\nControl Set = "..conset, 10)

end

if val == 3 then

ipc.display("GEN 1  _ GEN 2 _ GEN 3 _ GEN 4 _ BATTERY ON \nRADIOS _ PITOT _ IGN   _ APU    _ BATTERY OFF\nControl Set = "..conset, 10)

end

if val == 4 then

ipc.display("COWL FLAPS OPEN  1 _ 2 _ 3 _ 4 _  HYDR MODE\nCOWL FLAPS CLOSE 1 _ 2 _ 3 _ 4 _ CARB FILTER\nControl Set = "..conset, 10)

end

if val == 5 then

ipc.display("IC FLAPS HOT   1 _ 2 _ 3 _ 4 _ TW LOCK\nIC FLAPS COLD 1 _ 2 _ 3 _ 4 _ OXYGEN\nControl Set = "..conset, 10)

end

if val == 6 then

ipc.display("C1 AP _ GPS _ DRIFT METER  _ PANEL _ MP INC  \nANR75 _ MAP _ AP CHART      _ TAGS  _ MP DEC\nControl Set = "..conset, 10)

end

if val == 7 then

ipc.display("C1 MSTR ON _ C1 AIL ON  _ C1 EL ON   _ C1 EL UP   _ C1 TURN RIGHT\nC1 MSTR OFF_ C1 RUD ON _ TT LIGHTS _ C1 EL DWN _ C1 TURN LEFT\nControl Set = "..conset, 10)

end

if val == 8 then

ipc.display("BAY DOORS _ BOMB BAY _ BOMBARDIER 1 _  NAV    _ LAND LIGHTS \nBOMBS AWAY_ BDA VIEW _ BOMBARDIER 2 _ BEACON _  STROBE\nControl Set = "..conset, 10)

end

end

event.offset(0x66C0,"UB","dispCS")

I use offset 0x66C0 to hold the 'mode' number.

Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Interesting thread this as I'm fairly new to the full fsuipc thing. and looking at ways to fully implement it and my x52 pro

The whooshing noise you can hear by the way is the sound of Paul's last post flying over my head!  I guess I've a looooong way to go  :lol:

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

Lots of great uses for FSUIPC (and WideFS) - the one that I particularly like, and never fly without, is the dispaying of real-time VAS memory usage on a client machine. It has never let me down and instantly informs me when my VAS usage is becomming compromised.

Regards