Sign in to follow this  
Not_Boeing_Not_Going

PMDG 777 For FSX or Wait for P3D Version

Hi, i would like to ask about the benefits of getting the P3d version of the 777 instead of FSx version, i mean i it worth to wait for P3d version or just buy fsx version now?!

Thanks

That would depend on whether or not you actually qualify to use P3D  :Whistle:

Tamer, I've removed your other 2 duplicate posts.  Please be patient when posting -- don't keep clicking the post button.  If you want to verify your post actually posted (assuming you got an error) close the browser and re-open and see if you can locate your post.  

Cheers, Rob.

What Thomas said, and of course, how up to date is your rig?   If your machine barely uses FSX properly, don't expect 60 fps with P3D and then something as complex as PMDG aircraft!   A friend of mine that does qualify for P3D (LOL) uses it on a machine fairly similar to mine, he has a better processor, but we operate the same graphics cards.   

OUt of the box P3D runs marvelously well and the graphics are stunning, however, when he runs his Majestic Dash 8 on it, there is a noticeable hit on performance and aircraft like Carenado actually gets very bad fps, they are in essence unflyable!   If you use more complex scenery and start to hit it with complex airliners, your performance drops, period!

We both operate the 480GTX with 1.5 GB VRAM.   The GPU does most of the work now, and the DX11 environment is breathtaking, but even some of the default aircraft run slightly less impressive!   Granted the default aircraft are actually from external developers to, but still.

Make sure you have the latest in graphics technology under the hood first, then you may certainly enjoy it.  If not, stay with FSX for now and get the FSX version of the T7.

Hope that helps :-).

Wait for the P3D version, it's the future of flightsimulation.

The PMDG 777 for P3D is just around the corner.

Functionality wise, it's expected to be the same as FSX version.

It depends if you want to fly it now or later -_-