Sign in to follow this  
Manny

What is the best way to size and pick lights? (Need small star lights)

In P3D v2.x what are the tools available to change the way street lights are displayed? (I believe it the file Halo.bmp in P3D Texture folder) that is used?

I currently have FTX Global Light configurator. I used to use REX for this.. 

This is what I have for P3D V2.4 and I am not happy with them.

15708271706_9c1a89723f_o.jpg

I like my FSX Lights. If you look closely, they are tiny and sparkly (thin Star light rays)

15692757365_cb8635946e_o.jpg

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Enjoy my light configurator topic pver at FTX's forum!

Nevermind.. I need to be logged in... Thanks.. let me check it out

Manny

Enjoy my light configurator topic pver at FTX's forum

Running FTX Lights v2 from P3d Orbx scripts folder and changing it to the star light and size (the smallest) 4, does not change anything in  P3D... the lights are the same. Maybe its changing in my FSX folder instead of in P3D 

Hmm.... 

Manny

I agree, the lights stink, they are all huge and as big as car. I too would like to find a way to make the lights smaller and more realistic.

-Stampee

Running FTX Lights v2 from P3d Orbx scripts folder and changing it to the star light and size (the smallest) 4, does not change anything in  P3D... the lights are the same. Maybe its changing in my FSX folder instead of in P3D 

Hmm.... 

You have to select Prepar3d from the drop down tab in the light config application. And if using FTX global you can also change the lights within FTX Central too.

You have to select Prepar3d from the drop down tab in the light config application.

OK..there are two light application.. 

1) FTX GLOBAL Lights Configurator where you have the P3D vs FSX seletion option and I chose all small lights yet they look big

2) there is the FTX 3D  Lights Tweaker  (FTXLights.exe) this may be the older version?)

which does not specify FSX or P3D. I am talking about this one... and does nothing for P3D

Manny

Yeah I'm not familiar with the 3D lights tweaker the way you're mentioning. This is for FTX Global right?

My FTX light tweaker is in a FTX Central drop down menu, in which case there is an FTX Central for both FSX and P3D seperately, so make sure you're not trying to tweak FSX by using the wrong application.

Look at that link I posted and tell me if it looks like the other application you see.

Its called FTX Lights 2.0 and this is separate from the Light configurator. I use both as mentioned and posted screenshots of in that link. I have a hunch the application you're using in addition to the config is tweaking FSX

My FTX light tweaker is in a FTX Central drop down menu,

Yeah.. I saw that.. yes..via the central thingi.. I just set the lights again..and I selected the smallest that I possibly could and still looks like a big rectangular blob..too big when you fly low... at an altitude its not bad.

My FSX Lights are awesome..Unless I went and messed it up inadvertently while trying to get the P3D lights to work.. 

Hmm...Thanks  arnobg.

Manny

I agree, the lights stink, they are all huge and as big as car. I too would like to find a way to make the lights smaller and more realistic.

-Stampee

I would like an 'even smaller' option.  Not sure how it would look.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

So you're saying you have them as "Extra Small" in the light config, and size 1 in the FTX light tweaker?

So you're saying you have them as "Extra Small" in the light config, and size 1 in the FTX light tweaker?

Yeah..and it hasn't changed a thing. LOL :)

BTW.. My P3D v2.4 with Dubai and Night Environment in Dusk is spectacular.. I love it.. I have a landing Replay in a loop...Its amazing.

But it would be perfect if my lights were only small with a long thin star light rays.  :lol:

Edited: Maybe later..I'll use the Biggest light option to see if it changes things... and report back.,

Manny

Hmmm that's odd something doesn't sound right. With extra small in the config and even a halo size of 8-10 in the light tweaker, sometimes lights are hard to see above 3,000. Couldn't imagine smaller than that...

Edited: Maybe later..I'll use the Biggest light option to see if it changes things... and report back.,

OK I tried every extrerme using both of the light tools and it did not change anything... I get the same big lights. Hmmm...

I wish I knew the file names for these lights and what type they are ..so I could use Photoshop or something and experiment myself.

In FSX I used to make my own Halo.bmp to get different lights.

Manny