Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

UTX USA coming for FSX/P3D

Having used all of these products, visually and for accuracy, the combo of UTX and FTX Global textures cannot be beaten. You must however disable the custom utx texture layer as these do not look good mixed with the great looking FTX global textures.

Too bad about utx Canada not getting the full upgrade treatment as well.......I'm surprised sales are poor

The competition for P3d add-on dollars is going to get turned up a notch in next few months. Users don't have infinite financial resources and with the PMDG 777 promised for P3d (among others), some of these add-on purchases just aren't going to happen. For example, I'm sure that the A2A 182 is a fine product, but I just can't see shelling out the extra money on that, given that I already have their Cherokee and 172. I'm also waiting on TacPack for P3d and FTX Global LC for NA ( which Jim already mentioned). UTX NA upgrade for $30? I think I'll stick with their Xtreme Cities add-ons. Maybe all this "choice" will lead to a price war.

When I switched over to FTX (Global, Vector, and their recommended LC) I wound up with flat buildings.  Looked like crap.

Posted on their support forum, and never really received an answer as to why.

I'm back on UTX, GEX, and SC Land class, and waiting to upgrade to the UTX 2.0.

Expensive lesson learned for me.

RodeoGeorge

...... I think I'll stick with their Xtreme Cities add-ons. ......

Have not heard of that one yet, what is it and when is it out?

and this

"do plan on releasing a new version of UTX Europe V2.0 with new road data in about 2 to 3 months."

After reading a hundred posts on vector/global/utx  the general consensus IMO for the best mix are Global and UTX together. 

Vector seems to attract highly excited reviews and dismal reviews with not much in between  :huh: 

ZORAN

Sounds like this will be the perfect match for FTX Global. Happy to see UTX for P3D finally!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Vector is maturing all the time. The problem is that it's a fairly new product compared to utx and it covers the globe. A massive undertaking.

I think the wildly swinging reviews with vector greatly depend on where you fly and the associated level of anomalies.

As much as I prefer utx, in the end i decided vector was "good enough" for install simplicity reasons.

All Buy UTX 2.0 for use it with scenery tech land class as I am rare bird I like fsx default land class over gex and ftx does not interest me. Switch to photoscenery a lot too as like it does not repeat. Wish they make UTX2 of Canada as I own V1 of it. Good to get updated vector data.

FTX Global looked tons better to me than GEX.

UTX USA always looked more accurate and believable than Vector.

Since I fly ORBX regions and the North American continent exclusively, I think Global+UTX 2.0 is going to be my weapon of choice until a few more patches arrive for Vector. Probably when OpenLC NA releases in a year, I'll wash the whole thing out. Start over and go all in with ORBX Global+Vector+OpenLC.

Global+UTX will be fun to play with in the meantime.

Charles.