Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

X-plane 10.31rc3 is now out

10.31RC3 is now out, although I can't find what is fixed as it is not on developer site yet.....

Yeah there is nothing on the developer blog. 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

From the x-plane website 

"The OS X code signing was pretty badly munged – fixed now.  Note that 10.31 and older are still signed with older code signing technology and may trigger warnings on newer versions of OS X.  The newest code signing will be deployed in a future patch.", http://www.x-plane.com/?article=x-plane-10-31-release-notes

After this update and latest NVIDIA driver, 344.60, framerates are up. XPX in not just smooth anymore its fluid...

Torfi

After this update and latest NVIDIA driver, 344.60, framerates are up. XPX in not just smooth anymore its fluid...

I felt that too on the laptop. I am using the same drivers. 

I felt that too on the laptop. I am using the same drivers. 

+1, I noticed this also, seems to have improved slightly (Although it could be a case of the old update placebo)

+1, I noticed this also, seems to have improved slightly (Although it could be a case of the old update placebo)

Don't say that  :o

Well, don't know it it was the latest NVidia drivers, SkyMaxx Pro, the latest XP10 update, or most probably a combination of the three, but truth is that I am finding it extra smooth!

And... XP10 climbed 200%on my ranking as soon as I was aware of the daylight and Moon fixes. SkyMaxx Pro and the SUPERB rendition of various cloud types, smoothness, cloud shadows and drift with wind....

:good:

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Well, don't know it it was the latest NVidia drivers, SkyMaxx Pro, the latest XP10 update, or most probably a combination of the three, but truth is that I am finding it extra smooth!

And... XP10 climbed 200%on my ranking as soon as I was aware of the daylight and Moon fixes. SkyMaxx Pro and the SUPERB rendition of various cloud types, smoothness, cloud shadows and drift with wind....

The moment I get off the Linux system for X plane , I will go to windows and get that Skymax . The default weather / clouds crunches my fps by around 7-10 fps.

Yep I've got XP up and running on my new laptop - i7 4710HQ, 16GB RAM, GTX970M and it's running just fantastic with the new 344.60.

Jcomm,, please elaborate on those fixes you speak of.. Thanks

Yep I've got XP up and running on my new laptop - i7 4710HQ, 16GB RAM, GTX970M and it's running just fantastic with the new 344.60.

PLEASE LOAN ME THE LAPTOP , JUST FOR A FEW DAYS  :rolleyes:

Well, while I was away from XP10, mostly to get into my new flightsim activities in air combat :-), I wasn't aware that two of the problems I had long reprted to Austin had been solved.

In XP10 we didn't have a precise correspondency between the daylight at a given date and time of day and real world. Sometimes taking off from LPPT it was puitch dark in the sim, and out of my window there was still plenty of light, although the Sun had just set.

The other problem was that the Moon was never placed where it should be, according to date and timne, nor did it show the correct phase. I was being picky, I know, but this two missing features were true show killers for me...

Well, both are perfect now! You can check - make sure you adjust your time to the local time of where you live.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Wow! just upgraded too to 344.6 drivers and can't believe the boost. Is it a placebo or what? Latest drivers, latest 10.31rc and latest SMP. Now I can use HDR on with 4x aa with 2x ss with great fps! Welcome to the fps utopia!

Alexander Colka