Sign in to follow this  
TheHoser11

Strange Tall Objects

It's another of those issues that will be a bear to track down. I no longer see them, yet many others do. I also use FTX Global, FS Global, Vector, ASN etc.

Hope it gets sorted soon.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I got them as well. I am using the Orbx Global, FTX regions, etc. I just noticed them really bad today while flying from Atlanta in the 737....

Yep - - back to FSX. Maybe someday P3D will be all it's cracked up to be. Along with these mysterious alien creations, it's eating through VAS. Probably because it's trying to draw weird alien objects which Earth and P3D just can't handle. ;-)

How do you diasable it? Will I change folder name?

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Thanks.

I  renamed the file and problem solved.

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Rename the file "Extrusions.spb" to "Extrusions.spb.bk".

What will I lose?  Are bridges still there?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

You lose the bridges but it's something I can live with. Hopefully the next patch will fix this issue.

Yep - - back to FSX. Maybe someday P3D will be all it's cracked up to be. Along with these mysterious alien creations, it's eating through VAS. Probably because it's trying to draw weird alien objects which Earth and P3D just can't handle. ;-)

Same here. I've installed and removed P3D v2 multiple times. It's still too broken to be my daily driver (or flier, rather). Broken cloud rendering, broken bridge rendering, broken reflections and broken terrain+cloud shadows is just too much to tolerate in exchange for a "modern" 3D engine.

It's like the developers just randomly put in bits of DX11 code without testing it, leading to stupid errors like incorrect variable names in the HLSL shaders.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP