Sign in to follow this  
Shermann

FMC Does not show Cruise Altitude

Hi  Everyone,

Today i was flying from lipe to OMDB and iset up FMC as i always do. The only difference is that in the perf PAge i inserted FL390 and then all was ok but i noitced that the VNAV didnt engage so i checked the LEG page and there were all the costraints of the SID but not the altitude of the cruise. So i wrote 390 and insert it in the VNAV Page and execute it. The altitudeds apperead then all numbers started to flash and disappear again. I Uninstalled all the product instaleld it again and the same problem. The numbers starts to flash like there is some odd input and the cruise alttide doesnt appear. I tried to write then /390S and inserted it in the waypoint into the Leg page and same error numbers flased and disapperead. I attach some pics to show u what i mean..

http://www.picpaste.com/Screenshot_2014-11-07_23.50.24-lmOI6Kqg.png

http://www.picpaste.com/Screenshot_2014-11-07_23.50.34-N84QgWHZ.png

http://www.picpaste.com/Screenshot_2014-11-07_23.50.38-faeUV3je.png

http://www.picpaste.com/Screenshot_2014-11-08_00.02.00-qpkNRp7q.png

Now i wonder if it is possible that there is something with ivap...Even if last time i had a flight and didnt have problems..And now i am noticing thatthe datas on the ND on the route there is the estimated time or arrival to the waypoint, they flash too and appear like this ------z and soon back to the estimated time..

Thanks Everyone

try without ivap and see what you get, ive never seen a "S" after a FLxxxx before.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

S means  a step climb, so if its FL23000S   means that after you pass this waypoint it will step climb to the next alt

Its all in the fcom2  11.42.22   there are other good info in this section about  the fmc :P

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Uninstalled all the product instaleld it again and the same problem.

Wish I had a nickle for evertime someone uninstalled the product and found that it didn't fix the problem.  There are more than a few reasons why VNAV will not engage, and why a high cruise like FL390 will not be accepted. First to mind is you didn't ACCEPT/EXEC the flightplan, second is FL390 is too high for your weight and also that choice of departure runway that can trip you up. I can't tell from you pics what the problem is (your weight based on fuel is probable ok for FL390), but looking at the other signficant preflight pages such as PERF may help.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Thanks for the answer. I unistall the product as i am forced to do it as i have other problem with the product. So after any flight ihave to unistall it and installit again. The MAx Flight level At tjhe stand was 398. ZFW was 166.5 and fuel was 49.3 All in KG. THe flight plane was executed and all changes made as well.The oroblem is not the prohramm of other things there is some problem of some installation file. I am sure of it as even the star when i was approaching Dubai was strange corrupted was shown in a srange way with segment missing from the ND and then apear again. And all the dsatas on the ND disapperead. For that i unistall it it again. First off i am forced to Unistall ias any time i close the sim and open it again and select the plane it ask me to trust again two dll of the panel and from that time FSX CTD always after 2 seconds. 

Wish I had a nickle for evertime someone uninstalled the product and found that it didn't fix the problem. 

Yeah, I would've bought a 747-8i by now...

Kyle Rodgers