Sign in to follow this  
JGSJW

My Duke B60 won't start it's engines

I have a Paul Craig Duke B60 flies good but engines wont start. I have to jump, start it by starting a 172 and then switching planes into my Duke. There must be a better way.
JGSJW

Not familiar with the Paul Craig B60 - but it sounds like the fuel is switched off. Are the fuel switches animated? Can you start the engines using CTRL + E ?

Gordoin

There must be a better way.

The first question is, does one or the other of the engines crank or spin up to start? If the answer is yes then try opening the throttle lever to that engine slightly while it is cranking. If the engine starts retard the throttle to idle and repeat for the other engine.

Piston or turbine model?

The next question I need to ask is, if your using the turbine model, are you using the panel aliased to the stock KA350 or are you using the panel by Verlin?

Next; If you are you aware of; pc_b60_duke_update.zip at http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=30516879

Let us know please.

Regards,

Yes, you might have forgotten to open the fuel valves. They are closed by default on version 1....

Felix

The fuel valves are both on.

I have tried the sliding throttle and mixture method.

I have tried low pump and hi pump settings

Paul Craig guided me to the update

BTW my problem is the piston Duke. The turbine starts fine and flies great but is a handful on the ground. 

What I am doing currently is to load the Duke which shows up running Then when I make a stop somewhere I kill the engines. Then when it is time get going again I just hit Reset Flight and both mills come to life and away I go.

thanks for your interest

JGSJW

The update fixes the engine starting problem.  You have to simply drag and drop a new config. file and an air. file and discard the old ones.  The link shown above is the correct link.