Sign in to follow this  
jjf

ntdll.dll again

Well I did some work based on Jim's recommendation and I am going to backtrack a bit here and admit that my original reply to the OP was wrong. I had confused the ntdll.dll error with another error that I was getting that about a year ago and to the best of my ability determined was related to an Nvidia driver incompatibility. When I first purchased Steve's DX10 Fixer it eliminated the OOM's I had been getting  but introduced nvwgf2um.dll errors. Along with this error I was getting ntdll.dll and a stackhash error. It took literally months of trying to isolate each error and solve the issue. I did solve the issues one by one. As for MyTraffic I was never able to fix the error even from help from MyTraffic forums. I uninstalled the program and re installed UT2 which was fine. There are trade offs that are not relevant for this conversation. In terms of my confusion with the errors, I am an Nvidia 3d Vision user. I use 3D glasses and find them a necessity when flying. When using this hardware with DX10 I would consistently get a  nvwgf2um.dll error. I Googled the issue and found very little in the way of help and as  FS users are a very small minority and FSX users that are 3D vision users are and even smaller sample size there was very little help available.  Since I cannot live without 3D I elected to not use DX10 and put up with the occasional OOM. So if someone is reading this thread I hope that this clears things up. Oh, and Jim any thoughts on nvwgf2um.dll errors with Nvidia 3D vision? 

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

As for MyTraffic I was never able to fix the error even from help from MyTraffic forums. I uninstalled the program and re installed UT2 which was fine.

The only thing I have found wrong with MyTrafficX, V5.4c is the schedules you can download from the developers website. If you do not install one of these schedules, no crash. Some have found a problem with objects in one of the AFCAD's that come with MyTrafficX (there are hundreds of them installed with MyTrafficX so that the AI can properly takeoff and land). I have not seen this [yet].

Oh, and Jim any thoughts on nvwgf2um.dll errors with Nvidia 3D vision?

It's a display driver crash. Some say using software rendering rather than hardware rendering fixed their problem. Many others stated it was fixed if they turned off 3D Vision (which is not an option for you). If it is overclocked or you messed around with the base clock offset or memory clock offset, then that could be the problem too. I know it is for the nvlddmkm.dll CTD. There are some video card makers who have programs to mess around with the GPU OC.

I'm not sure whether 3D works with DX10. I have never tried it since Steve's DX10 fix was released. I have 3d Vision too but don't use it as it's a hassle to set up my monitor that can display it. I also would have to install and enable 3D. I see no reason why it should not work in DX10 though. DX10 is the same as DX9 except it is better technology and it provides shadows in the VC's and some other minor things. Microsoft never really got DX10 programmed properly and that's why Steve is throwing on bandages with his fixer.

Since I cannot live without 3D I elected to not use DX10 and put up with the occasional OOM.

So you are getting an OOM and not the nvwgf2um.dll error? Or you are getting both. The OOM has several fixes and they are listed in the AVSIM CTD Guide. DX10 definitely does not cause OOM's.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

My wording must have been confusing. I don't get OOM's when using DX10 I only get them using DX9.  So that is not an issue. As far as 3D vision is concerned it works perfectly except for the aforementioned issues. I should also mention that when I am using 3D and DX10 I only get that  nvwgf2um.dll error plus toward the end of the flight especially long hauls the 3D vision will just stop working or worse yet the screen will start to freeze.  As far as overclocking I have no over clocking of the GPU or CPU on this rig yet. 

Mike Keigley

I should also mention that when I am using 3D and DX10 I only get that nvwgf2um.dll error plus toward the end of the flight especially long hauls the 3D vision will just stop working or worse yet the screen will start to freeze.

This is a known symptom of OOM's based on depletion of VAS. Are you monitoring your VAS usage? In the AVSIM CTD Guide we included a method to monitor VAS.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

This is a known symptom of OOM's based on depletion of VAS. Are you monitoring your VAS usage? In the AVSIM CTD Guide we included a method to monitor VAS.

Best regards,

Thanks Jim, I will continue to look at the guide and experiment. One of the issues that hampers my ability to solve this issue, is time. Just being able to have a flight is a luxury. Most of the time I do not wish to trouble shoot, I just want to fly successfully. This week I have been able to put more time into flying and these forums simply because I have a stomach virus and I have been home sick. Setting up a flight and then flying and watching it crash is so infuriating  that ultimately I just go with what will give success rather than a CTD after a long flight or even an hour setting up a long haul. These issues I have been chasing have taken a lot of time to research an implement. Most of that reach is done on these forums and I have read through a lot of your suggestions, so thanks. 

Mike Keigley

Setting up a flight and then flying and watching it crash is so infuriating that ultimately I just go with what will give success rather than a CTD after a long flight or even an hour setting up a long haul. These issues I have been chasing have taken a lot of time to research an implement.

VAS is the biggest problem we are having with FSX now. Most everyone has upgraded to the new i7 cpu's and most everyone tries to crank up their settings to the max thinking their computer can now handle it. It just makes things worse. PMDG has information about it starting around page 21 of the Intro Guide that comes with their 777. AVSIM has some information in the AVSIM CTD Guide. If you lower your FSX.cfg settings and display driver settings, you might make it past two hours. Several have gone longer than that. It all depends on what you have running during the flight.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM