Sign in to follow this  
alhefner

Topography on FS Commander map?

I like using FS Commander for making my VFR flight plans but the default map is pretty much jut a black background with a few features such as lakes and rivers along with all the navaids and airports. I was wondering if there is something out there that would put the topography on the map.

You can export your route to Google Earth, all the topography you want. It's even possible to have a your moving airplane in G.E.

You can export your route to Google Earth, all the topography you want. It's even possible to have a your moving airplane in G.E.

That's good stuff for routes already planned and saved but, I want to be able to sue the topography in the planning stage. Perhaps there is a way to interface FS Commander with Google Earth for that too? If so, I would love to know how that's done!

I do not know of any solution to this issue.  I use PlanG in combo so that I can see what the terrain looks like along a route and can identify elevation requirements where needed.

Perhaps SkyVector also can provide you with elevation info for route planning.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Hmmmm...something to be working on I think. It would be kind of nice to be able to make the flight plan, such as a sight seeing plan, in google earth or even some mapping program like Delorme or Garmin then export the "route file" to use...it would have the elevations associated with waypoints...hmmmmm....