Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jeff S KDTW

Solo: No Big Deal?

Guest Citationpilot

Now, now Jason. Funny way how you munipulate what I say. You left out the part about how I already soloed. So a powered solo for me willo be just another solo and not really a huge deal. And you never asked "Wouldn't you care if you soloed". You asked, don't you care that he soloed, and the simple fact is, I don't. My life is no different after viewing that post then it was twenty minutes ago."Now, this kid claims his parents are both pilots- father flies for police, mother flies CJ's and Navajo's"When you word it like that it puts doubt in the readers mind."So, this is what I'm asking you. Is your first solo just "Another day of flying?" or is it, as I think, possibly the greatest moment of your life? "The greatest moment in my life? The greatest moment in my life involes a female, not a machine........

>Skyhawk4PD88 (9:35:15 PM): so when you solo you wont mind?Did ask, buddy ;)Just to let you guys know were friends with differing opinions- so dont take anything up against us. :(

Guest Citationpilot

I never replied to it, I replied to the question above it.;-)

I was gunna edit and delete this thread, but:"You can't edit this message because the editing period has expired."Feel free to think you were just day dreaming. :)

Guest Flic1

"So? Happens every day." I reply, "Wouldn't you care if you solo'd?" , he replies, "Why should I? Just another day of flying. A solo is a solo" Pretty much sounds like something I would expect from a spoiled kid who rides along with mommy in the Citation. No need to keep him anonymous, he's posted all over numerous boards about what he's flying, where he's flying and what color underoos he has on that day.... :-roll Soloing is a great experience, one you'll never forget. It wasn't just "another day of flying" for me....

Guest daveg4otu

I don't think anyone can forget their first solo-not sure about it being the best moment of my life but certainly in the top 5.Two moments in particular in the solo stick in my mind -- the first is the moment when,suddenly you realise that you're up there on your own and you've got to try and put it back down in one piece ,and preferably in a pretty fashion. The second is the moment when you realise you've done exactly that.Dave

Guest Ken_Salter

I would think that when I finally solo it will be the second greatest achievement I have made in this life (the birth of my daughter being the first!)

Guest BrunoF

The greatest moment of your life, no doubts about it! Bruno Francescoli :-waveStudent Pilot.KOPF PA28-161.

After viewing my friend's post: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=125579&page=I thought I would pass the link off to some of my other friends so they can congrat him. Upon giving it to this one person, age 14/15, not to be named for sakes of embarrassment, I get the reply "So? Happens every day." I reply, "Wouldn't you care if you solo'd?" , he replies, "Why should I? Just another day of flying. A solo is a solo" Both of his parents are pilots- father flies for police, mother flies CJ's and Navajo's. I believe him, he has shown me pictures. Gettin out of school to fly in a jet, getting rides in helicopters, flying in neighbors grumman, flying several times weekly.So, this is what I'm asking you. Is your first solo just "Another day of flying?" or is it, as I think, possibly the greatest moment of your life? Comments?Take care,Jason :-wave

Guest ba747heavy

>The greatest moment of your life, no doubts about it! I'm with you bro. No doubt about it, a fantastic moment in anyones life.

Guest tgabriel

Well, it might not be the greatest day of a new pilot's life but it is a day no pilot will ever forget. Looking over at the right seat and realizing no one is there is one of the most liberating feelings there is. You don't mention if your friend has soloed. I guess by his age he has not. Regardless, it is sad to see one so young and so jaded. Life will be very difficult for him...

Guest Air1

I think it was a VERY big deal. I can clearly remember mine 22 years later. Think I have to go dig out my cutoff shirtail and frame it. But in my opinion nothing makes you sweat like that PP check ride.I still remember being in a steep turn, looking for a emergency landing field and then being asked what the outside air temp is at the same time. Great fun.Steve A

Guest BrunoF

>I'm with you bro. No doubt about it, a fantastic moment in anyones life.:DBruno Francescoli :-waveStudent Pilot.KOPF PA28-161.