Sign in to follow this  
AF330

A320 Metric altitude PFD

Hi!

How do we display metric altitude below the QNH/STD? Is it the button on the FCU "metric altitude"?

Thanks, flying in China and getting some problems.... 

It says it will DISPLAY it on the ECAM. But you have to turn it on somehow. Think of it this way. When it's dark inside your house and you want your house to be lit, you have to turn the lights on somehow. How do you do that. Or better yet, your computer is turned off and you want to fly the A330 in the simulator because you seem to like that plane so much. What's the very first thing you have to do to turn your computer on. Let us suppose your computer monitor is the ECAM. Do you push on your monitor to turn your computer on?

I'm not giving you the answer right away because I'm trying to get you to think here. I can see why people are getting frustrated with your posts. With complex stuff with avionics and such, that's one thing, but you're asking for help on even the simplest of things that really should be a no-brainer. Here's my question. Why wouldn't you try to hit the button and see what happens. You're not in danger of sending the plane spiraling down towards the ground.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Hey, I am not talking about the ECAM. You need to press the button. Okay! Maybe gave you a wrong example....

Is the answer YES or NO??? I am talking about the PFD and NOT the ECAM.

I am not even sure you have understood what I am asking....And when I press the button, it doesn't happen.

Rgds

I am not even sure you have understood what I am asking....And when I press the button, it doesn't happen.

Evidently I didn't, but did you check the lower ECAM to see if anything came up there?

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Yes but I would like to have the metric altitude under the QNH/STD on the PFD please. Am I pressing the right button (on the FCU) or is it my add-on which is not good?

Yes but I would like to have the metric altitude under the QNH/STD on the PFD please. Am I pressing the right button (on the FCU) or is it my add-on which is not good?

I assume the link you provided is correct in the representation of the Airbus A320, in which case it seems like the airplane doesn't even have the capability of doing this.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

???? Please watch A320 cockpit videos! ;)

No need, I went on Airliners.net and had a look at pictures, in which case, the documentation in the link that you yourself provided is wrong when it states that it's in the lower ECAM. I was going by your documentation without having cross-checked it on Airliners.net, which was an error on my part. For that, I apologize. In any case, I have to ask what A320 add-on you're even using and what panel.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Kevin ,

You are wasting your time . The same question is being asked on the Aerosoft forum , but by his alter ego LFPG using the exact same wording as the original post above .

He ( AF330 ) stated on the Aerosoft forum that he does not have an Airbus installed on his PC ( not an Aerosoft one at least ) .

The same also applies to all his previous questions regarding a " school project " he is ( they are ) working on . Half the time his questions are more like statements anyway and seems to know the answer or ignores the advice he has been given in the ( many ) other topics here on AVSIM .

Already suggested on the Aerosoft forum that they check the IP address and registration details of these individuals , maybe an idea for AVSIM to do the same .

John Glanville

The same question is being asked on the Aerosoft forum , but by his alter ego LFPG using the exact same wording as the original post above .

He ( AF330 ) stated on the Aerosoft forum that he does not have an Airbus installed on his PC ( not an Aerosoft one at least ) .

Oh, bloody hell. Doesn't even do a good job with hiding his identity there if he's on two different accounts there.

The same also applies to all his previous questions regarding a " school project " he is ( they are ) working on . Half the time his questions are more like statements anyway and seems to know the answer or ignores the advice he has been given in the ( many ) other topics here on AVSIM .

Yeah, I remember seeing those posts around, hence my point that I can see why people are getting frustrated with his posts.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Hmmmm.....

Thanks Kevin,

I know very well LFPG! We are simply both friends (and even more than that....) and airbus lovers. LFPG and me both had a doubt on this and we decided to understand because we saw a pilotseye. Tv video between Zurich and Shanghai! As they were saying that in China they used metric altitude, anf they were showing metric altitude on the PFD, we had a doubt because we had read on efb that it was only on the ECAM! LFPG is not in Avsim! And OUR simulator is really very bad and mostly not even working.

Thanks Kevin to have helped me. I understood!

Kind regards

My post was intended more as a " heads up " so that others don't waste their time trying to " help " . Even after being caught out with the " school project ", still persists in posting questions that have little or no bearing on  flight sim or Airbus by whatever developer and would be better asked on a professional pilots site , which has been offered as advice in the past but continues to ignore .

Before anyone points out that this is Hangar Chat ( where anything goes ) , I am well aware of that . This has more to do with multiple identities being used .

John