I just got FSX after using FS9 for about eight years.  I have ASE but don't use it much because it doesn't do what I want so I'd like to see if ASN will.  I'm on a trial and tried it out.  It's really much better and will upgrade if it has this feature.  I was able to fly in overcast and it was still smooth.

I fly vfr only in GA aircraft.  I like to see what's going on.  But also I'd like to fly in current weather.  This causes a conflict when I want to fly a particular flight plan and there is ifr conditions.  What I'd like is to set it up so I can always see 10-15 nm around the aircraft regardless of weather conditions.  That way I can fly in current weather and and still see.  Not very realistic I know but that's what I'd like to do.  So if this is possible, please answer within a few days so I can try it out during the trial.  Thank you. 

You can save preset user settings so if you setup for VFR you can adjust the visibility settings and still have live weather.

Or you can use the Suppress Local Weather Changes option also under Simulation Depiction Options.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

I tried presetting the visibility settings and it didn't help.  With some experimenting I changed the cloud cover from 8/8 to 6/8.  That gave me the same ambiance but some vision.  Yeah, I like asn.  Very professionally done.  No more abrupt cloud changes.  I can fly in overcast with enough fps for smooth flying.  Couldn't do that with FS9.  I'll be ordering within a couple of weeks.  The $20 trade-in clinched it.

There is a setting in the settings tab where you can set the minimum surface visibility. Set it to your liking! :)

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

I set that to 25 and it didn't do anything.  Still, all I saw was grey.  It seems simple but did I do something wrong?

One more question, when I purchase the upgrade, how does this work?  Do you cancel my ase code and give me an asn code?  Or do I download something that I install on top of ase?

I bought ASN straight out so I can't say for sure but I imagine it just means you get ASN as you would normally but for a bit cheaper.  At the very least that's what's happened with other upgrade discounted products I've bought.

I'm sure there a many people who have actually upgraded to ASN will be able to give you a definitive answer though.

I set that to 25 and it didn't do anything.  Still, all I saw was grey.  It seems simple but did I do something wrong?

One more question, when I purchase the upgrade, how does this work?  Do you cancel my ase code and give me an asn code?  Or do I download something that I install on top of ase?

No ASE does not get canceled out. They are 2 separate products with separate installations. It is an upgrade price discount for the same program. It is not an upgrade for ASE or AS2012.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png