Sign in to follow this  
jul737

VoxATC 6.46 and VoxPOP

Hi!

I've recently installed voxatc 6.46, I've started it up with only the anna voice and everthing worked fine, now I've installed voxpop server and 4 voicepacks, now it's taking forever to initialize (more than 10 minutes) and I haven't even heard one 'test'. Any suggestions?

Kind regards

Ever since installing v6.46 I have had the problem of long initialization times and false "Fatal Error" messages at initialization. I wanted to go back to v6.34, but I have deleted my backup installer of that version. Just hoping the apparently upcoming update will fix this.

What I do find helpful with this problem, is to run the voices on the voice config before using VOXATC the first time.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

You might try uninstalling and reinstalling the voice packs.  I've been using them for some time and, other than the several minute voice initialization when first turning on computer or a reboot, secondary initialize of voices on re-enable of Voxatc are quick (and I hear 'test').

I thought I heard a reinstall can help sometimes with these voice issues.

Oh...and I do get the occasional fatal errors too.  I don't think these are necessarily 'false' errors, but that the latest Voxatc can recover from some of the errors - often related to nav data not matching airport data I think.  I'm thinking the developer had Vox continue without the pilot losing the entire flight communication in mid-flight, but didn't change the initial 'fatal' error message.  Yes...a more graceful error handling protocol would be nice.

I used to "pre-load" the voices using the voxpop server but this crashes. The developer knows about it and says it's being worked on but it has been quite a while now. I'm using win 8.1 and you can get 4 english voices from Microsoft which load quickly.